JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So is it just me or does that read like he didn't actually volunteer to go in for the mental eval? Instead it was that he voluntarily came out of his house, where the police then did what they promised they wouldn't do, handcuff him and take him from his home.

So is it just me or does that read like he didn't actually volunteer to go in for the mental eval? Instead it was that he voluntarily came out of his house, where the police then did what they promised they wouldn't do, handcuff him and take him from his home.

Chris, what bothers me most is that the cops were there to begin with! Who had the authority to dispatch them and why? And further who fanned the flames that invoked his arrest? Will we ever know the truth? Doubtful.

zeezee - here is the truth...

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/

New York

Here is the legal fund donation information for Mr. Pyles:

What the gun grabbers have failed to achieve legislatively, they are trying to do the old-fashioned Soviet way. Just claim you're mentally ill and "not cooperating."

If you would like to assist David in his battle against this outrageous deprivation of his rights, the Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation has set up a fund for him. You may make a tax deductible donation to the Foundation or if you prefer, you can make a donation directly to David.
David Pyles
c/o the "David Pyles Legal Defense Fund"
P.O. Box 728
Medford, OR 97501

If you choose to donate through OFEF you can donate by check to :
Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation
PO Box 556
Canby OR 97013

Be sure to note that your donation is for David.

If you would prefer to make a secure donation online, you can safely do so at this link. Under "Donation Type" be sure to pick Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation and make a note that your gift is for David's defense. Clearly this kind of abuse must be stopped. We are all at risk. Thanks for your support.

What I find the most alarming is that he WASN'T under ARREST. He was placed in protective custody which effectively left him with ZERO rights!!! I would much rather be under arrest then in 'protective custody'. That, my friends, is some scary :s0036:

New York, dude get off it already. The way I see it is you contribute very little to this site but seem to think you have the right to openly attack other forum members. Not cool and quite annoying.

Oh, okay. You find what I wrote annoying, but apparently you're not annoyed with a freedom-hating fascist like Gunner3456 and all the crap he spews on this forum. You're not annoyed with his support and justification of the illegal SWAT raid in Medford, and his hatred and libeling of Oregon Firearms Federation. That doesn't annoy you.

I'll make sure I run my thoughts by you first before I post, to make sure you don't get annoyed.

Meanwhile, have someone check your pulse.

Wow, I'm shocked that the OFF would permit one of its representatives to behave this way in a public forum - or I guess I would have been shocked had I not read their (your?) inflammatory press release.....

...or I guess I would have been shocked had I not read their (your?) inflammatory press release.....
Not sure if it was your point, but I have to say, having not delved deeply into OFF and their site or previous writings, I'd just kinda' assumed they'd be one of the responsible and authoritative voices in local matters of the gun and thought maybe they were an organization I'd find a way to support at some point.

Having read this most recent piece, which I thought was somewhat more than just a little over the top, even for a 2A infomation/lobbying org, I'm reconsidering.

MrB

BE ADVISED!

Gunner3456 is a change agent or mole. He is using classic Delphi Techniques. He is NOT a supporter of the 2nd Amendment or freedom. It is obvious he supports a fascist-like police state and he is here specifically to disrupt this forum. Trying to reason with him (or those like him) is a waste of time. Whenever he replies, copy and paste this note to bring awareness to the forum and moderators.

For those of you who are not aware of these communist tactics, go here:

http://www.learn-usa.com/transformat...ess/acf001.htm

or here:

http://www.seanet.com/~barkonwd/school/DELPHI.HTM

I love this thread, if not for bringing out the truth in people...some people want it locked but I say "KEEP IT OPEN!"

This is kind of a center point for every cop bashing, childish nut-job with a keyboard that can't be civil. So why waste any more time than to add them to your ignore list?

I, personally, like how informative this forum is....nevertheless there are very few people here that actually know what they are talking about and mods that come on here at regular intervals to "keep the peace" from the disrespectful tone that these politically poisened threads are infected with.

So, again...if anything this thread serves a purpose....to add to my list of those that I never want to read another word from.

No! This thread is not for Cop Bashing. It was intended to try and find out the truth of what really happened. Some people have unquestionable loyalty to Leo's while others know they are just fallible men and women like the rest of us. We all make mistakes and some of us here are figuring out what the mistakes were. Some just want to get on here and start fights. This thread is for updates and discussion about the case.

If the Leo's did everything by the book. If they did every thing that is legal, then We the People might think what they did may be wrong and we may need to see about changing the way its handled in the future. We need places like this to talk things out amoung us.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top