JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am curious. Do any of the local clubs that have speed steel matches require a shooters ammo to meet a minimum power factor? (Speed x velocity x bullet weight divided by 1000). Example: .45 ACP 830 FPS x 230 grain bullet would have a power factor of 190.9. A .38 spec 130 x900 FPS would have a of of 142.2.
It would seem that if not, the handloaders shooting "bunny fart" loads, say a .38 130 grain at 600 fps for a PF of 78, would have a considerable edge over those using factory ammo.

Best,
Gary

I am curious. Do any of the local clubs that have speed steel matches require a shooters ammo to meet a minimum power factor? (Speed x velocity x bullet weight divided by 1000). Example: .45 ACP 830 FPS x 230 grain bullet would have a power factor of 190.9. A .38 spec 130 x900 FPS would have a of of 142.2.
It would seem that if not, the handloaders shooting "bunny fart" loads, say a .38 130 grain at 600 fps for a PF of 78, would have a considerable edge over those using factory ammo.

Best,
Gary

The monthly USPSA and ICORE matches I frequent do not have the resources to cronograph shooters loads. We are all on our honor to have tested our ammo and have it meet Power Factor. At the Level 2 or higher matches (section and state championships) they do have a stage that tests ammo. This also assures that Major shooters are shooting major loads.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top