JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I scored some HSM 7.62x51 168 grain Match for my 700 VTR. It was recommended in a comprehensive article that compared about 8 or 10 different .308 and 7.62 loads, including custom reloads, for a 700 SPS and custom rifle. If you can find any at a reasonable price, try them. They work great in my VTR and scored best for the SPS and 2nd or 3rd in the custom rifle (100 yd.). I will see if I can find it and post. The cost is about the same as Federal Gold Match.

Hornady Match 168 grain. Give it a try.

The Remington CoreLokt (first reply to your question) also shoots well in my Ruger Precision Rifle, but I'm getting more consistency from the Hornady Match ELD-M. Yet I keep testing other brands, bullet weights, etc. when I get a chance, because I've seen two apparently identical rifle models shoot different brands better.

Magtec 308 168gr hpbt sniper match(?) 50 round box 89.5cents per round
lucky gunner their shipping is prompt and reasonable. Good guy to order from.
User review said excellent brass.

Found something interesting at BiMart: For hunting the Hornady Superperformance 308, 150 grain SST with estimated 3000 fps out of 24" barrel. I think it comes in 165 grain as well. Will try in a week or so.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top