JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn talk about thread drift.

13dupg.jpg

:D:D

My recall was that the 308 worked best at 165 grains, the Federal Gold Match works great at 175? Where is Pdx can you find this Fed Gold or Hornady Match ammo? Sportsmans or Fishermans? Or have to order on line? Thanks

My recall was that the 308 worked best at 165 grains, the Federal Gold Match works great at 175? Where is Pdx can you find this Fed Gold or Hornady Match ammo? Sportsmans or Fishermans? Or have to order on line? Thanks

You can find it many different places. I usually find the best prices on line.

Just about now with the hunting seasons starting up, you can usually find some pretty good deals on ammo at Sportsmans, I would check and see what they have, usually during deer season the elk stuff and target stuff is on sale/close out, and during all season, all the deer stuff goes cheap! That very same day, swing into Bi-Mart and raid the hunting calibers for the rifles you wish to feed! I scored 2 cases of Fed Gold Match last year at Sportsmans for $13.93 a box of 20, and scored 2 cases of Fed Premium blue box 180 gr .30/06 for $11.93 a box of 20! Heck, a fella could score pretty cheap on .300 win mag too, Remmy Corloked for $13.00 or so a box!

I picked up some of the Hornady American Gunner 155gr at Sportsmans and it shoots rather well for a low cost match round. $140 for 200 rounds find a discount coupon and it's a great deal

Buy a box of all the recommendations and shoot 'em :) My 700SPS loves 168gr Federal Gold Medal Match, groups < 1moa so that would be my recommendation but every rifle seems to like something a bit different.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top