JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am curious. Do any of the local clubs that have speed steel matches require a shooters ammo to meet a minimum power factor? (Speed x velocity x bullet weight divided by 1000). Example: .45 ACP 830 FPS x 230 grain bullet would have a power factor of 190.9. A .38 spec 130 x900 FPS would have a of of 142.2.
It would seem that if not, the handloaders shooting "bunny fart" loads, say a .38 130 grain at 600 fps for a PF of 78, would have a considerable edge over those using factory ammo.

Best,
Gary

I am curious. Do any of the local clubs that have speed steel matches require a shooters ammo to meet a minimum power factor? (Speed x velocity x bullet weight divided by 1000). Example: .45 ACP 830 FPS x 230 grain bullet would have a power factor of 190.9. A .38 spec 130 x900 FPS would have a of of 142.2.
It would seem that if not, the handloaders shooting "bunny fart" loads, say a .38 130 grain at 600 fps for a PF of 78, would have a considerable edge over those using factory ammo.

Best,
Gary

The monthly USPSA and ICORE matches I frequent do not have the resources to cronograph shooters loads. We are all on our honor to have tested our ammo and have it meet Power Factor. At the Level 2 or higher matches (section and state championships) they do have a stage that tests ammo. This also assures that Major shooters are shooting major loads.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top