JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of my favorite EDC is the mod.2 XDS 9mm by Springfield Armory. Sadly, the stock trigger is complete garbage. I detest it, the reset is inconsistent to the point of hindrance. Luckily we have tons of awesome paces like Powder River Precision here in Oregon. I plan on getting their trigger spring, striker safety upgrade, and disconnector. I've seen pretty positive reviews but figured it's worth a shot to ask if anyone local has had this done.

I put their spring kit in my XDS years ago. Opted for just springs, not the sear. Did it change things? Yes. Was I happy at the time? Yes. Then I started shooting Glocks and got used to those triggers. Shoot my XDS almost never now but every time I do, I think it's terrible. Breaks clean but it's mushy as mashed potatoes

No info about XDS 9. However, I have a XD9 subcompact that had a factory trigger that also was garbage with gritty feel and no discernable reset. I put a PRP trigger kit in it and am very happy with it. It is a great upgrade.

I also put on a PRP extended mag release and it is OK but sometimes sticks a little. It is still better that the smaller factory one that was harder to reach.

Went with a SMART Lock Technology extended slide release. It has a larger surface area to thumb which makes it easier to manipulate. It is another good improvement.

OP, good luck with your modification.

(Note: can't believe this is the 4th post and there is only one "Glock fan boy" comment as of yet :s0121: ) Whoops, spoke too soon...

Last Edited:
I put their spring kit in my XDS years ago. Opted for just springs, not the sear. Did it change things? Yes. Was I happy at the time? Yes. Then I started shooting Glocks and got used to those triggers. Shoot my XDS almost never now but every time I do, I think it's terrible. Breaks clean but it's mushy as mashed potatoes

Thanks for the input! This is for the Mod.2 XDS so I hope they have made some significant improvements. I enjoy the Glock trigger, but the reset is really violent. Maybe I'll get used to it. I have a G45 as my range/training gun, and am picking up the G48 as another EDC at the end of the week. I feel like even if I don't end up keeping my XDS in the rotation, it will at least have that horrible trigger somewhat improved.

No info about XDS 9. However, I have a XD9 subcompact that had a factory trigger that also was garbage with gritty feel and no discernable reset. I put a PRP trigger kit in it and am very happy with it. It is a great upgrade.

I also put on a PRP extended mag release and it is OK but sometimes sticks a little. It is still better that the smaller factory one that was harder to reach.

Went with a SMART Lock Technology extended slide release. It has a larger surface area to thumb which makes it easier to manipulate. It is another good improvement.

OP, good luck with your modification.

(Note: can't believe this is the 4th post and there are no "Glock fan boy" comments as of yet :s0121: )

I too had an XD9 Mod.2 that I just sold, due to the exact same reason. The reset was just not predictable. My instructor was alarmed at the inconsistency of the reset on the XD and XDS. Excellent that you've gotten positive results out of the PRP kit. The product seems very high quality, and I will most likely have my gunsmith install it. Thank you for the extended slide release info! never seen that. I do have some trouble reaching that release when the gun is at certain angles.

Glock fanboy comments are coming, brace yourself :)
( I don't use a Glock as an EDC, but I do have a G45 as well and love it, just too violent of a trigger reset. )

Thanks for the warning OP but I can take it. After all, I own a VP9! :s0116:

Another gun that I get better groups than the XDS with...and guess why - because the trigger on the VP9 resets beautifully! Those EU ambi mag release on the trigger guard took me a bit of getting used to though.

Yeah, gotta admit I'm still working on it myself. Might a VP9SK be in your future for EDC?

If it were available in single stack. Hence my love for the XDS. That, the grip safety, and the grip angle. I'm a slender dude and me trying to conceal doublestack guns look like I'm wearing a shoebox on my body :D I would definitely consider one for training though. I've rented the VP9 and SK at my range more than once, and really like them.

Living in occupied California I am envious of your ability to have a CCW and interesting non-roster options at reasonable prices. Best wishes and thanks for the perspective on the double stack mag.

I have the XDS 45 ACP and put a Powder River spring kit in it. It didn't reduce the trigger pull as much as I was expecting ,maybe 5.5 lbs. But I do have the say that reset is very consistent but I don't recall that had anything to do with the spring kit. I checked my XDs and after the trigger breaks it has only about 1/16" or slightly less forward travel before it resets consistantly.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads