JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This mornings trip to the range. 50FT right is 33 rds 9mm with open sights from a PCC with very crude sights
(KT S2K), left is 100 rounds 22 from pistol with a dot to assist. Nothing to write home about but about the best I can do these days off hand. Eyes and most everything else, don't work like they used to :s0112: Target.jpg

Which caliber? I have the .17 and WMag and they are just as accurate.

.22 LR. I am pretty pleased with that target. I was using CCI Standard Velocity which is pretty much all I shoot in .22's so I am glad it is fairly accurate.

I need to get a .17 in the near future. Obviously, the Ruger Precision Rimfire is a decent choice but I am also looking at the CZ 457 and the Tikka T1x. I do like that Ruger came out with the 15 rounds mags but I also would like to try something different.

I tried to do a cheeky 10 shot group like @bsa1917hunter and pulled shot #8 off the map :mad: Of course I had to see what it should have been and left it out when calculating. 1.15 MOA was the real score.
I am pretty happy with the Norma USA 77gr. SMK ammo. Been to busy to reload.

Screenshot_20190802-172407_Range Buddy.jpg

Screenshot_20190802-172106_Range Buddy.jpg

I tried to do a cheeky 10 shot group like @bsa1917hunter and pulled shot #8 off the map :mad: Of course I had to see what it should have been and left it out when calculating. 1.15 MOA was the real score.
I am pretty happy with the Norma USA 77gr. SMK ammo. Been to busy to reload.

View attachment 605459

View attachment 605460
Nice job man. I shot my CTR #1 at 400 yards the other day when i was in Winnemucca. They have a real nice range there. Shot 2 10 shot groups that averaged 3" at 400 yards. Those 140 ELD Match bullets shoot pretty good. My son was shooting the m&p 10 6.5 cm. The 6" steel plates were no match for that boy. It was his first time shooting an ar. I was pretty impressed with his shooting. Besides being very slow getting on the target. He did try to make each shot count, even though he was running an ar. Im still actually beside myself about being able to hit the 2" plate 8 out of 10 times. But seeing my son shoot like he did, made me more proud.

20190801_104233.jpg
Try hitting that upper right plate at 400 yards. Its pretty challenging

20190728_222511.jpg
This was shot with kruelj's old rifle. I call it my CTR#2. Its not quite as accurate as my CTR #1, but ill find a load it likes pretty soon.

Last Edited:
This little thing is just crazy accurate. This is with PPC 380 ball at 10 yards. 2 shots to see where it was printing, then into the orange. Taurus TCP 738 .380. Recently repaired by factory after wearing it out with 1000+ rounds, all standard-pressure ball.

10 yards Taurus TCP 380.jpg

XASCZQJyQey787G5e6Pbmg.jpg

I know, not real exciting. Kind of the same old, same old but I have contributed much lately so I will bore you all with another picture of a round steel target. :)

Shot this at 1000 yards today with my 6.5 CM. 6.25 MOA of wind today so it was a little tricky. I actually took my 7mm RM with me thinking I would get a good comparison between the two on a some what windy day. Great plan but I managed to leave my 7mm ammo sitting on top of my ammo box at my house. :oops:

View attachment 607794

I know, not real exciting. Kind of the same old, same old but I have contributed much lately so I will bore you all with another picture of a round steel target. :)

Shot this at 1000 yards today with my 6.5 CM. 6.25 MOA of wind today so it was a little tricky. I actually took my 7mm RM with me thinking I would get a good comparison between the two on a some what windy day. Great plan but I managed to leave my 7mm ammo sitting on top of my ammo box at my house. :oops:
At 1000 yards makes it pretty exciting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads