JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If my 300blk had a tinder profile lol
020.JPG

Update: an Oops, a Lesson Learned and a lot of progress made.

Gremlin's FCG pinholes drilled without a hitch. Ends of trigger slot, ditto. OOPS: should have drilled a pilot at the center of the triiger slot first... that little web between the two endholes is being a BIG pain to get rid of.

Day's Lessons Learned:
1. Don't just pilot the end holes... pilot the center first, then the ends and intermediate bores as needed before progressing to next bit.
2. REVERSE isn't just for screws... it works just as well for extracting debris from the bore, or the bit itself.
3. This crap is HARD WORK, harder than I remember it! Though the last time I touched power tools was two decades ago in Shop class...

Gremlin mockup, still missing upper, BCG/CH and maingrip: 20170512_211100_zpsuynvagjo.jpg

Still have about 4-5mm more to take out of the rear FCG pocket for the trigger, but at 34mm depth the hammer is cleared and functional using an Allen wrench as a "test pin."

Here's mine...
I think I'm done with the carbine... Well almost, I just added the ambi safty, and the Vortex Spark AR, and I have a trigger kit on the way... and when I get the new stock for my SPR it will inherit the MFT minimalist. View attachment 361436
I still have a ways to go before i'm happy with the SPR....It Shoots great as is, but my OCD won't rest until it has a Diamondhead hand guard(will look sweet with my F1 slant brake), better stock for precision shooting, (The MFT is awesome, but there's nothing to get a sand sock under for adjusting/holding elevation) Cerakote, and when I feel my marksmanship is good enough to warrant it... high end optics. All funds pending so buy some of my crap in the classifieds please!
by the way thanks caveman jim... your purchase covered my trigger kit for the carbine.View attachment 361432

The Carbine has Anderson receivers/barrel/BCG, RRA LPK, Matrix 15" Charlie keymod, a Fenix light held on by a cheap 1" scope ring and home made ranger bands(aka cut up bike tube)holding the psi switch to my MFT folding FG(don't judge.. it works) Vortex Spark AR, Magpul mbus buis, MFT folding FG, YHM comp/brake,ergo grip, and magwell cover... Its my GTW, Home defense, Don't care if it gets a little beat up,etc. Rifle. The FG holds 2 CR123's for the flashlight, and the grip holds aaa's for the red dot. This Rifle was a perfect example of how a $500 build can escalate into well over double that over time.

The SPR is my baby, and it's a smooth shooting tack driver! it has Mega Gator forged receivers that fit so tight you hardly need takedown pins, A Balistics Advantage premium SS 18" SPR profile barrel that's Sub MOA capable even if i'm not, POF drop in trigger, KNS anti roll pins, Fortis Hammer charge handle, F1 slant brake, Seekin's ambi safty, Strike mag release, dust cover, and rail section, V7 titanium takedown pins, Nib BCG, YHM gas block, melonite coated gas tube, Magpul moe grip, Bad lever, trigger guard, and custom red pmags that I rit dyed, and an American flag decal to show patriotism and protect the magwell until Cerakoting. For now it has a MFT stock w/550 mod, Matrix Charlie 13.5" keymod, a Bushnell 4-12 ar optics, and 45* offset BUIS, but these are going to be upgraded as funds allow. This rifle is the perfect example of how if you go into a build without a budget set, things can get out of control... $1700+ in and at least that much to go counting optics and CeraKote plans. I of course payed a bit more to buy it all locally from small Local SW WA businesses... Limitless LLC, Sporting Systems, and Gators Custom Guns... but it's worth it! I highly recommend all three businesses.. View attachment 361425
300 bo pistol in the worx...

Are you a lefty shooter? I was in Northwest Armory the other day, looking for a lower and ran across a left handed Stag 6HL that is pretty bad azzed. I had to buy it for the price. It was kind of tucked away back by the bolt action rifles for some reason, but I still heard it calling my name..:p

Funny how a few years ago the tactical elitist crowd shunned the A2, but it wasn't old enough for the Retro crowd, so it didn't get much love. Personally I like em all. I bought one in the middle of big gun and ammo shortage of the early 10's known as Firearmagedon. It was literally the only "black" gun left in town and only stayed on the shelf long enough for me to find it because it was a bit over priced and it was kind of a frankenbuild.
Now thanks to PSA and Anderson, the market is flooded with tacticool, mall ninja ARs and it's harder to find something different to show off at the range. It appears that A2s are finally getting some much due respect. That A2 I bought years ago as a panic buy...a milsurp Colt A2 upper with a FNMI 20" 1:7 barrel on a lower nobody ever heard of(Stinger Arms. AKA Mega Machine shops first offering to the AR market around Y2K)... is well worth even what I over paid for it then. Regrettably I sold it to my cousin at a loss, and I'm still trying to get him to sell it back to me.
here's a link to one exactly like it that was FS in florida, coincidently he sold it because he wanted an AR with "a rail system". ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: Stinger Arms M.M.S

One of each Please CC21F780-56C9-4916-9DA1-39EC8EC73565-5807-00000AA4D01201AC_tmp.jpg

Are you a lefty shooter? I was in Northwest Armory the other day, looking for a lower and ran across a left handed Stag 6HL that is pretty bad azzed. I had to buy it for the price. It was kind of tucked away back by the bolt action rifles for some reason, but I still heard it calling my name..:p
Nope, Im just an AR addict that has to put unnecessary crap like ambi gear on my guns to feed the demons.:s0108:

Nope, Im just an AR addict that has to put unnecessary crap like ambi gear on my guns to feed the demons.:s0108:

That's hilarious my friend. I am funny that way too. My First AR,
IMG_1044_zpscyprfb33.jpg
That I just bought from a good guy here, has the ambi safety. I used it and realized I use the one on the left side anyway. Now my second AR is a left handed model and it doesn't have an ambi safety on it. Learned from my overthinking on the first one.... The Stag 6hl I bought less than a week ago, had to have an extended recoil pad though to increase the LOP, and the huge pistol grip with the big donut on the bottom of it had to go!!!!!! Now it has a hogue pistol grip to go with the rubberized hogue hand guard:
IMG_1049_zps1srf9w6h.jpg

I'm slowly making these rifles exactly how I want them. They sure are a kick in the pants..... Glad I joined the community...:D

That's hilarious my friend. I am funny that way too. My First AR,
View attachment 363371
That I just bought from a good guy here, has the ambi safety. I used it and realized I use the one on the left side anyway. Now my second AR is a left handed model and it doesn't have an ambi safety on it. Learned from my overthinking on the first one.... The Stag 6hl I bought less than a week ago, had to have an extended recoil pad though to increase the LOP, and the huge pistol grip with the big donut on the bottom of it had to go!!!!!! Now it has a hogue pistol grip to go with the rubberized hogue hand guard:
View attachment 363372

I'm slowly making these rifles exactly how I want them. They sure are a kick in the pants..... Glad I joined the community...:D
Making an AR your own is the fun part. I catch myself staring at mine and contemplating on how I can improve on it to make me a better shooter. They sure are an addiction, but a fun rewarding one at that!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top