JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AR-9 5.5" pre-suppresed. 4.5 suppressed
Waited 11 months for the can!

Screenshot_20170606-233415.png 20170606_211031.jpg 20170606_210933.jpg 20170606_211037.jpg 20170606_210936.jpg

sorry if you're tired of looking at pictures of my babies, I'm starting to feel like the proud granny at the assisted living home.
I was able to get the rest of the lower completed(minus paint)on the new build, but I'm going nukkin futz.... having most of it done and being unable to finnish it till next month or so, is worse than having none of it.
IMG_1894.JPG I got impatient and had to do something to "scratch the itch" so I took my other two ARs apart last night, and swapped all the red "jewelry" from my SPR to the pistol, and put a silver battle arms development extended mag catch, and and the ambi safety from my carbine on the SPR... and I put the trigger I just got into the carbine, It's a little heavier pull, but still really good for a milspec trigger (5-5.5 lbs) and the springs are a lot stiffer and thus better for the diet of hard primers(#41s) that it will be expected to eat reliably... I left the the Joebob adjustable setscrew in it, but the kaw valley reduced weight springs, and the polished/bobbed hammer went into the pistol along with a 1/4x28x1/4 setscrew to adjust take up($.35 at ace, vs. $12.99 for joebob grip screw)... it still breaks @4lbs.

Here's the previous family photo...
IMG_1837.JPG

And here's after my OCD compelled me to "play dress-up" with my man toys. It's crazy how just changing a couple little things like selectors, and mag releases button, or mag itself, can the whole complection of a rifle. IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1844.JPG

Last Edited:
Trivial aside: I'm not sure if ATF would approve of this so I made sure the Blade was on the opposite side of the room from all the other parts, but... take the right-side rail of a CAA FSP15 front-sight rail set, two of its three screws and two hex-nuts, and by putting the screws through the sling slot under the buffer tube on the Blade you can have a rail-section just right to take one of CAA's rail-mounted magazine carriers.

Even if ATF approves--I sent CAA a note suggesting they have their compliance person ask for a Determination Letter--it's really only a useful trick for left-handers, because it adds a lot of bulk--and you can't mount one on the left side if you're using a LAW sidefolder, and it adds a lot of bulk on the side, big problem if like me you're trying to build a discreet-carry PDW.

Ha ha... I've had many of my buddies trying to talk me into these things for a long time now. I guess my arm finally got bent enough to try them out. They aren't half bad....:p
I fought the AR bug for so long and figured my Mini-14 was just fine. Well once I pulled the trigger and got my first AR less than a year ago, the gates were opened(and wallet), and have not looked back!

What's funny is I *still* don't like AR's, yet I have two and plans to build at least three more, plus possibly two more depending on if the GF gets serious and we can figure out the paperwork to get a Canadian citizen an ITAR exemption.

*grumbles unintelligibly about State Department bureaucratic morons*

Just found pics of my first AR that I bought back in 2013 during the great panic... It has a colt A2 upper, Hard to find FNMI 20" NATO barrel, and original MEGA machine lower when they first started making AR parts and went by "Stinger Arms". I like it a whole lot more now that I don't have it anymore, and know more about its parts and history... but I would have traded it for a generic M4 in a heartbeat back in 2013 :s0125:... I'll get it back from the cousin I sold it too sooner or later, he hasn't shot it once in the 4 years he's had it... It's not going anywhere.
Here it is in the Pawn shop the day I put it on layaway.... notice tacticool front laser, and multi color retical Chinese scope:s0155: IMG_2072.PNG
And here after I went magpul on in it...
IMG_2073.PNG In hind sight it looked better before I started "customizing", minus the scope and laser. When I get it back I want to make a delta Hbar out of it... 8E9FCFCF-586B-4D70-89EB-E05B6584728F-1564-000001C152D41CA7_tmp.jpg
Some day...

Just got back from the range with my AR's. My new lefty stag 6HL is a dang good shooter. I'm pretty happy with this rifle. Still need to work on a good load for my Noveske though....:

IMG_1168_zpskbblwjfn.jpg

Installed a new Nickel Boron Black Rain Ordnance BCG in this rifle. She's working pretty slick.....

Does anyone make a M16A2 clone with OD stocks and grip?
I have been thinking of getting a AR15 that is as close as possible to a issue M16A2.
( But I do like the idea of green furniture just to be different )
Andy

Andy, Armalite has OD stocks/grip IIRC--stumbled across them while I was researching specs and parts to build a clone Canadian C7/C8 for the girlfriend if I can find a way to get the paperwork done so she can legally enjoy it...

Seeing the numbers we decided in our case it would be better to just rattle-can 'em since that's how their armed forces do theirs...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top