JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I just got my first Noveske!!!!!!!! It's just the upper that I put on my bushmaster lower receiver. I need some opinions: When I put this upper on a Noveske lower, should I go with this same stock configuration or would you guys go with something like the magpul ACS. I really like both stocks, as my Rogue Defense has the ACS and it is a great stock. Some input would be great!!!!!! Thanks in advance:

IMG_1084_zpsxouxukub.jpg
IMG_1089_zpshzftfasa.jpg
IMG_1087_zpssbjfha9p.jpg
IMG_1086_zpsrylgqjmf.jpg

I also bought a geissele SAA-E trigger today for the lower receiver I don't have yet... According to the original owner of this upper, it's a pretty sweet shooter.

Latest update on the Gremlin, now that I'm incorporating the bare upper to ensure better test-fitting: 20170524_003439_zps2bkmn1dx.jpg
Looks like the "40 plus two 30's" mag carrier load ain't happening--if I remove the thumbrest I *might* get a 40 on the right and a 30 on the left, but then I lose having the switch for my "blinder" light right by my thumb. (I'm left handed, and the plan is to mount two lights on FSB-mounted rails--a low power red beam for my light sensitive eyes to see in the dark by, and a high power white one to "level the playing field" by frying every eye in the room.)

2017-05-28 13.11.28-resized.jpeg

Left: 12.5" ARAK-21 300BLK w/ SilencerCo Omega, Hera Arms folding stock adapter, CTR stock
Right: LMT MRP 16" w/ SilencerCo Specwar 762, B5 stock
Top middle: Custom built 6.8SPC by AR15 Performance, Magpul UBR
Middle 2nd: Faxon flame fluted .223 barrel, Lancer furniture, MAG Tactical lower
Middle 3rd: .223 pencil barrel, MOE furniture
Middle 4th: Daniel Defense MK18 upper, Franklin BFSIII Trigger, KAC 556QDC suppressor
Middle Bottom: 7.5" 300BLK barrel, Gemtech 300BLK suppressor, Falkor Optimus stock

Here is the latest - a PSA AR9 9mm pistol. Upper was acquired in a part trade a while back. Finally bought a blemished lower recently, which I finished out with an Anderson LPK, Fab Defense grip, pistol buffer and Sig Brace.

Upper has a 10.5" barrel with KAK Industries flash can, 12" slant end M-Lok rail with covers and a Fab Defense PTK angled fore grip. Sights, for now, are Magpul BUIS, though I'd like to top it with a red dot down the road.

IMG_8661.jpg IMG_8647.jpg IMG_8649.jpg IMG_8643.jpg IMG_8659.jpg IMG_8665.jpg IMG_8668.jpg

Last Edited:
Here is the latest - a PSA AR9 9mm pistol. Upper was acquired in a part trade a while back. Finally bought a blemished lower recently, which I finished out with an Anderson LPK, Fab Defense grip, pistol buffer and Sig Brace.

Upper has a 10.5" barrel with KAK Industries flash can, 12" slant end M-Lok rail with covers and a Fab Defense PTK angled fore grip. Sights, for now, are Magpul BUIS, though I'd like to top it with a red dot down the road.

View attachment 366477 View attachment 366478 View attachment 366479 View attachment 366480 View attachment 366481 View attachment 366482 View attachment 366483
VERY nice!!1 I have the same upper in 556. Where did you get the MLOK covers? I need them for mine :)

Well, I just got my first Noveske!!!!!!!! It's just the upper that I put on my bushmaster lower receiver. I need some opinions: When I put this upper on a Noveske lower, should I go with this same stock configuration or would you guys go with something like the magpul ACS. I really like both stocks, as my Rogue Defense has the ACS and it is a great stock. Some input would be great!!!!!! Thanks in advance:

View attachment 365880
View attachment 365881
View attachment 365882
View attachment 365883

I also bought a geissele SAA-E trigger today for the lower receiver I don't have yet... According to the original owner of this upper, it's a pretty sweet shooter.
With that barrel (20"?) I'd definitely keep the PRS... That set up is for distance shooting/varmiting, and no better than a rifle style stock for that. I'm still trying to trade my way up to a PRS, or a LuthAR adjustable(best of both worlds) for my 18". I like having more real estate on the underside of the stock for solid elevation adjustment. I'll take that PRS off your hands if you don't like it though:s0108:

With that barrel (20"?) I'd definitely keep the PRS... That set up is for distance shooting/varmiting, and no better than a rifle style stock for that. I'm still trying to trade my way up to a PRS, or a LuthAR adjustable(best of both worlds) for my 18". I like having more real estate on the underside of the stock for solid elevation adjustment. I'll take that PRS off your hands if you don't like it though:s0108:

Thanks for answering my question. I really appreciate it. I've done a lot of research over the last few days and have decided this upper needs a PRS stock with a rifle length buffer tube, spring and buffer for the rifle length gas system. I plan on keeping the PRS and really like the Gen 2 style over the new Gen 3 PRS. I actually just bought a new gen 3 prs stock though, since it was on sale for memorial day and was new. I was bidding on a gen 2 PRS on ebay, but lost out on that one. The new one was the same price though, but the verdict is still out on the Gen 3 styling. Ill be sure to let you guys know what I think of that stock... The Gen 2 prs has a home under my left hand stag 6HL lower. That rifle shoots surprisingly well:
IMG_1024_zpsync9ipvt.jpg

I'm hoping after I put my lower together, the Noveske will shoot like this^^^^^^^ I'm waiting to pick up my lower at Curt's discount firearms in Milwaukie. Just ordered the N4 Noveske gen 1 forged receiver from them. I have been busy buying these parts for it to put it together too:
Besides the Noveske upper that I bought from a great guy here. That upper consisted of a gen 1 forged receiver, NSR 15" freefloat handguard, 20" heavy contour stainless 8 twist 3 land Noveske barrel. Auto BCG and mil spec charging handle.
Here's some of the parts I recently ordered to complete the stripped lower:
1. Gen 1 N4 noveske stripped lower
2. Geiselle SSA-E trigger
3. Armaspec lower builders kit (LPK) with Ambi safety
4. Ambidextrous extended charging handle latch.
5. Noveske Iron cross take down/pivot pins
6. Enhanced aluminum trigger guard
7 . Gen 3 PRS stock with Joe Bob's rifle length buffer tube kit.
8. Magpul K2+ pistol grip.
9. Burris P.E.P.R scope mount
10. Burris 4.5-14x42 556 scope with c4 wind moa reticle
I know I forgot something and will probably look stupid for not listing it. :p

I'll be sure to post pics of this rifle when I get her put together. I'd imagine it will look exactly like it did in the bushmaster lower, but with a slightly different style PRS stock...
This rifle is going to be mostly Noveske, no nonsense, "geterdone" rifle...I think it's going to be enough Noveske that I can finally say I own a real Noveske rifle.. Even though it will have non Noveske guts in the lower receiver.. I figured it was hard to go wrong with that Geiselle SSA-E trigger in a rifle like this though... Balance should be sweet, but keep in mind this is going to be used off the bench for targets and varmints...

Last Edited:
@etrain16 Surprising how small that PTK is, isn't it?

Can one of you guys with a LAW folder give me an idea of the folded length from hinge to back of lower, and hinge to rear of buffer tube? With about 2" of Indian Creek BFD hanging off the muzzle, every fraction of an inch counts on a briefcase-rig.

@etrain16 Surprising how small that PTK is, isn't it?

Can one of you guys with a LAW folder give me an idea of the folded length from hinge to back of lower, and hinge to rear of buffer tube? With about 2" of Indian Creek BFD hanging off the muzzle, every fraction of an inch counts on a briefcase-rig.

You said it. I was shocked at how small it was - almost half of what I was expecting. That said though, it fits my hand just fine. I just never thought to check the actual size of the part!

Yup... I was expecting something a bit bigger too, then again FAB makes for the Israeli market first and ROW second, and IIRC the average Israeli is a good bit smaller than the average American--which is probably why it took an IDF member to figure out how to make an AR fit my short little T-rex-like arms. LOL (Between specific parts and then "ratchet the stock down as far as you can and just treat it like a really big pistol, the way you'd handle a Tommy gun"...)

Updated family photo... Opened the safe before the reproduction process was complete and now I have a premee.
IMG_1837.JPG
Wants to be a 300bo 10.5" pistol when it grows up, but thinks it's entitled to only custom red parts... typical millennial. I even had to custom make a red SB15 for it. Could be a while before I can afford to finnish it. Barrel, HG, gas block/tube, BCG, and LPK and custom Ateam van inspired paint job to go. I'll probably get titanium pieces for the top gun and give the pistol mamas red hand-me-downs.
IMG_1826.JPG
I love the machining on the V7 forged receivers. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Like V Seven's weights, though I blanch a bit at their price tag. Wish they'd offer a full LPK at a better price...
Spendy they are. I believe the owner of V7 was Noveske's original lead tech.. I guess "Made in Grants Pass" is worth an extra 50% or so. They defiantly found a niche in the crowded AR market. It is quality, and they are doing some cool stuff with titanium and other lightweight alloys...and I think they offer a lifetime warranty. I paid over $300 for the receiver set, but the extra machining they do is rare on a forged set, and gives it a unique look. I prefer forged over billet for its strength, weight and lower price, but I like the look of billet, so it was worth the extra $ to get the best of both. I also got a set of V7 ti takedown pins($30) on my SPR build, and I'm eyeballing the raw ti dust cover, and ambi safety.(another $130 or so for both).

I just went with the FAB polymer dustcover... same weight, ten bucks. Not like a DC is a stress-bearing component... :)
Mine have the Strike poly's.. Best part about them is you don't have to take your whole upper apart to change them out. the DC would be bottom of my list anyway.. I'll just use the milspec for now... need to get the bbl, HG etc. so I can shoot it before I start hanging jewelry on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top