JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0764.JPG

Still need a gas block, gas tube, a muzzle break and some good glass. But so far so good.

Anderson Lower
CMMG LPK
Magpul ACS
Magpul MOE+ grip
Noveske Upper
Noveske 18" SPR barrel
Alpha 15" Lightweight handguard

Adding soon:
Gas block and tube (ordered)
Muzzle device
Either Aero Precision or Burris PEPR one piece mount
Vortex Crossfire II AO 6-18x44 (I think, still reading)

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

iron sights only
20141015_124928_zpsad9e7b79.jpg
20141015_125001_zps9f0fa580.jpg

with EOTech 556-A65

20141216_143418_zps0019f547.jpg
20141216_181753_zpseeae0c9e.jpg

I assembled every part of it from stripped lower and stripped upper.

took me about a year to build waiting on sales for the parts :)

Built the gun for about $1500 + $500 for the EOTech. would have cost about 2000+ had I not waited for parts to go on sale/clearance.

The Daniel Defense lite rail 12.0 for example I saved the most on because it was a 1st gen rail on clearance for a couple hundred dollars off normal retail price. too good of a deal to pass up!

parts list:
Rainier Arms zombie lower
Rainier Arms lower parts kit minus FCG
Geissele SSA-E FCG
Magpul CTR stock
bravo company buffer assembly (buffer + spring + 7075 tube + nut + plate)
Hogue grip
DOA oversized trigger guard
model car paint for color filling
SSA stripped upper (came free with barrel purchase)
Blackhole Weaponry 16" 416R SS 5.56 1:8 carbine M4 profile 3 groove poly rifled barrel
A2 birdcage
Daniel defense lite rail 12.0 (comes with barrel nut)
syrac ordinance SS adjustable low profile gas block
spikes tactical melonite carbine gas tube
tapco vertical grip
iron sights off my S&W 15-22 (it has a scope on it)
EOTech 556-A62 sight
NDZ zombie charging handle and tactical latch
Rainier Arms NiB match full auto bolt carrier group with lifetime warranty
zombie dust cover + rainier arms upper parts kit (only needed hardware and forward assist)

Last Edited:
My AR-308 so far:

well I am further on the lower now but not much...

pics are from a while back. not taking new ones yet as I just had surgery last night, so I'm a bit loopy from pain meds and not going to handle my weapons while I'm on narcotics.

20141119_112344_zps7a769928.jpg
aero precision AR-308 billet DPMS spec

the lower parts are complete other than the stock/buffer assembly and it also has a geissele SSA-E trigger in it.

20141106_153632_zps3f390ed7.jpg
This I got early but it was a price that nobody in their right mind could turn down..
That is a legit Atlas bi-pod with quick detach for picatinny rails that retails for ~$279

I bought it off someone I went to college with who was helping one of his other friends out with moving and what not and the guy paid him for his help by giving him that bi-pod and some other stuff.

Said college friend is a convicted felon from drug charges in his past so he had no use for the bi-pod since he can't own a firearm so naturally he came to me since I have a few guns.

He asked if I wanted it having no idea what it was worth and I said sure I'll take it, but I'm broke and can't afford it...he's like well what do you have?

Said all I have is $20 on me (which was true as I usually don't carry more than $20 cash on me) so I got a $279 bi-pod for $20 cash. He was happy (since he was between jobs and really needed the money) and I was like jumping up and down happy lol. I checked on it as well with the posts about how to tell the real ones from the knockoffs. This one is definitely a real one. I use it on the 5.56 every now and then but I bought it for the 308 build.

About as far as I have gotten in a year or so on the 308. Just haven't found any good deals on what I want for the 308 yet and complete uppers are always out of stock for the ones with the blackhole barrel I want.

Last Edited:
Untested, still has one piece needed to order and two to install, but functionally ready for test firing. 20170218_161400_zpsaazcrujw.jpg
Lower: NWFA Anderson - ya know it, ya love it... :D
LPK: Palmetto 6983
FCG Pins: <broken link removed>
Grip: FAB Defense AGF-43S
Ambi Safety: CDNN Sports, no longer listed
Milspec Buffer Assembly: Pay-It-Forward from @ORYGUNHolsterCompany
(considering removal and sale) Extended Bolt Catch: <broken link removed>
Castle Nut: DSArms ZM41154
Stock: FAB Defense GL-MAG
Recoil Pad/Rear Monopod: FAB Defense MBA
Upper: CBC Industries 160-780 16" 1:7 5.56 NATO, Mid-Length, 15" Keymod Handguard
BCG & CH: DSArms ZM485010917-K
CH Latch: Badger Ordnance 249-02 Gen 1 Tactical Latch
BUIS: Diamondhead DHD-1401 (rear) and DHD-1451 (front)
Optic Riser: Leapers MNT-RS10S3
Optic: <broken link removed>
(not yet installed) Blast Deflector: Indian Creek Designs BFD
(still need to buy) Timing Washer: Precision Armament Accu-Washer
(not yet installed) Flash Suppressor/Brake: Precision Armament AFAB-556
(need to file down before install) Keymod Covers: 3 sets of BCM KMR-RP-BLK-5
Keymod Rail Section: Midwest Industries MI-SSK-R3.75
Foregrip/Bipod/Light: FAB Defense T-Pod-G2-SL
Magazines: Mission First Tactical SCPM-556, Magpul MAG-571 Gen 2 PMag, Hexmag Gen 1 (will NOT be buying more from either Hexmag OR Gun Mag SCAMhouse!), one 10rd FAB Defense Ultimag included with stock
And so far, the ONLY things I've paid full price for are the lower, the BCG/CH, the castle nut and it looks like the timing washers!

Potential Upgrades...
Optic: Leapers SCP-RDM39CDQ or Hartman MH1
BCG: <broken link removed>
Extractor Spring: BCM EXPSPRING-3 SOPMOD Upgrade Kit (3-pack, cheaper top buy multiple and have spares for future builds)
Plan to acquire several more SCPM-556's, and some metal mags from both D&H/Palmetto and Brownells

Diamondback, what is the reason for the folding hand grip. Nice backdrop by the way. Does your wife know you have that rifle? Or did you have to sneak a pic in the bathroom so she would not see it?:rolleyes:

@rdb241 Bought the folder grip to make it more compact for storage, and make a clearer bottom for bench-resting--and it also fits my hand better than an A2. Unmarried, but with fifty years of relatives' clutter piled up in the house that's the only clear flat space BIG enough to set it up and take photos! (Seriously, I have to store the upper and lower separated... the Packrat is that strong in them*, plus we haven't finished sorting out my late grandfather's effects and he passed almost 30 years ago!)
*At least my crap is for the most part neatly containerized, stacked and organized...

Do you have any idea how annoying it gets having to repeat that explanation? :rolleyes: :p

USJjHB6cELwCPBeV5OEbOyRUVHN6IFbzf18IK4-hw4qgqE2LMzNQF_iJNaOmCNc-4g7VsuCoB_TiwilwSkg=w985-h773-no.jpg
Still a WIP. Still needs longer handguard, and I'd like to get the JP captured spring.
I went out an signed up for the Multigun Performance Challenge for some reason, so I put the Sightmark back on for some practice.

So besides the bipod, my SPR build is done

Again:
Anderson Lower
CMMG LPK
JP Enterprises JPS3.5 spring kit
BCM trigger guard
Magpul ACS
Magpul MOE+ grip
Noveske Upper
Noveske 18" SPR barrel 1:7 twist
Alpha 15" Lightweight handguard
Curts Nitride BCG
BCM Gunfighter CH (Medium)
Redfield one piece 30mm cantilever mount
Vortex Viper HS-LR 4-16x44 BDC

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

Last Edited:
Latest status of TPMC, now with Custom Full Color NWFA Logo and custom BCM Limited DIY Edition Rustoleum OD Keymod covers...
20170405_152149_zpsm29ybmw7.jpg
Yes, the rear monopod is absent--I usually store the lower with it removed, makes it easier to cram the thing into the Wheeler bag with all my tools.

Yes, I like Vortex optics. They all wear one. And the SPR is getting a Geissele SSA-E and bipod tomorrow. :cool:

FullSizeRender (18).jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top