JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, lets shift this (rather odd) tangent to the What do you look like thread; we've gotten away from the focus on pets.
Thread drift is a natural occurrence around here...

Thread drift-Batman.jpg

The snow hit us a bit early this year, on Nov 7.

Halfway down our driveway, these are my morning walking buddies, Beorn and Hudson, on the lookout for any wildlife.

SnowDogs.jpg

Found out a few weeks ago that one of the neighbors' cats had two kittens in one of our storage sheds. I started feeding them when I found them. They were pretty wild at first, but I worked on getting them used to me and slowly getting them to come to the door to get fed, then convincing them it was OK to come inside to eat. They would always go to the door wanting back out after their meals.

That changed about a week ago. I opened the door, and the male ran right in, but the female hesitated. She sat just outside the door meowing and looking around. She was also shivering (it was 24 DegF at the time). The male came to the door 3 times to see where she was before she finally came inside.

I believe that she was taking a last look around because neither one has asked to be let out since.

They're answering to the names I've given them and actually are starting to come when called. They now both absolutely LOVE being petted and rubbed all over. Not cuddling or sleeping on the lap yet, but we're getting there.

I'm not sure how old they are. I'm guessing no more than about 3 months. I've been working with them for 5 or 6 weeks now.

Meet the kitties
l5Dhhcr.jpg

Buddy
j2zdQR8.jpg
Sissy
SbGHPXS.jpg

Absolutely. Stopped by the vet yesterday to find out how old they need to be before getting them fixed. They seem to be about the right age, so, as soon as finances allow, they'll be going in. Told it will be about $80 for the male and about $150 for the female, plus whatever shots they might need, so it'll be a few weeks before I can manage it.

Woke up in the middle of the night last night to find them curled up next to me in bed. Started petting them and Sissy started purring immediately. Buddy grabbed my hand and started licking and softly "gnawing" on my finger while I was rubbing his belly.

I think they like being indoor kitties. :)

Coyotes and eagles and owls, oh my! ;)
1668899500553.png

We've got them here, also. I can hear coyotes almost every night and there are 2 or 3 owls that hang out in the neighbors' tree occasionally. Haven't seen any bald eagles yet this year, but they're around, too.

Got a nice little surprise this morning. Sissy came to me on her own for cuddles.

Difficult to hold a camera when using both hands to massage a kitten. Had to wait until she took a break!

Got a nice little surprise this morning. Sissy came to me on her own for cuddles.

Difficult to hold a camera when using both hands to massage a kitten. Had to wait until she took a break!

PRECIOUS!!! 😍 :s0116:🥰

Not my dog. But if I had one, I'd never betray his/her trust like this...

clicky to embiggen for improved hilarity
Betrayal_A Short Story.jpeg

Sigh.

Couldn't keep it hidden forever, I guess. Still a little traumatized by the whole thing. I might have to start drinking...

I had to sit down and have a little discussion with "Sissy" about the differences between boys and girls, gender identity, mental illness, etc.

Happy to say that he is now comfortable with being the Male kitty he has been all along.

He wanted to change his name to CIS-ey, but I refused. We agreed on "C.C." (Confused Cat), with the warning that if he EVER votes Democrat, he's going to be the game ball at the Pitbull Superbowl.

Liberalism. A disease that knows no bounds and can even jump species. Be Warned.

(He and Buddy are both getting neutered on the 21st, so it's a moot [mewed?] point)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top