JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a great looking dog - what'd it take her about a minute to chew that rawhide bone in half? How old is she now? Ours is 11, and while he's still doing well, he's had epilepsy for the past 3+ years and is getting to be an old man. He's on more drugs and gets better health care than I do!

I used to hate Dobermans when I was growing up. Now, I probably wouldn't own another type of dog.

Smartest dogs I have ever owned, sometimes tooo smart.
(Born Thanksgiving 2004)

Since I am POST ******* here is another pic of my baby.

Defiance6208b.jpg

Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as any dog for that matter. ;)

I'll have to do a little research on them. If any of you guys are in the Portland area I'd get a kick out of meeting them sometime!

That sounds like George! Lol. He's happier with a tiny cat toy than any other kind of toy.

Do you get sideways glances from people when you take em out? The anti-Doberman days have past for the most part, but curious if any of it still lingers with people as far as you've noticed. I kinda do kinda don't, just depends on the day. We are prime in anti-ABPT days though... :(

Do you get sideways glances from people when you take em out? The anti-Doberman days have past for the most part, but curious if any of it still lingers with people as far as you've noticed. I kinda do kinda don't, just depends on the day. We are prime in anti-ABPT days though... :(

We used to get that when he was younger, but now, he's clearly not on his game (due to seizure meds) and I don't think he gives off the "scary vibe". Ours has uncut ears and tail, so I think that helps somewhat too.

Still, some people are clearly uneasy around dogs and I try to keep him away from other people until I can gauge their attitude. No sense in scaring someone and adding that one more voice to the "ban these scary breeds" chorus. Whether it's a dog, gun, 4x4, motorcycle, mountain bike or whatever - I'm always thinking about how my actions are going to contribute to others' perceptions about people who own X.

We've had a lot of former Doberman owners run up to us and want to pet ours. We stopped at a truck stop once and had some burly truck-driver come over and get all sappy with our dog because he used to own one when he was a kid - it was kinda sweet.

Same as any dog for that matter. ;)

I'll have to do a little research on them. If any of you guys are in the Portland area I'd get a kick out of meeting them sometime!

If you have time to run out WEST (24 miles west of Hillsboro) sometime, let me know.
We have a Trout Pond next door (Lee's U-Catch)
and we can shoot Machineguns in my backyard.

Just be for-warned,
if it is a NON-Dogshow weekend,
my wife has a few (a few hundred it seams) Poms
that your wife/girlfriend &/or Kids will fall in love with....

Pat

I can relate! I have had people actually stop their cars as they drove by to get out and say hi because they had/have an APBT too. It is neat.

Neither of mine have cropped ears, much for the same reason. Moose would really look better with his done, but at 90+ lbs and only 10 months old... he's going to intimidate the pants off of anyone that is scared of them. So, the floppy ears help tone that down a little bit.

As Moose gets older I'm realizing that he is really protective of me. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way, but I need to keep a close eye on it and make sure he knows when to be protective and when to relax.

It's great having other "bully" breed owners on here! (Do Doberman's fit into the bully category??)

I'd love too! Thanks for the offer. I will definitely take you up on that. I know my brother would really enjoy meeting a doberman (and seeing/shooting some machine guns) as well. Mr. Link and JennyC welcome as well??

Oddly enough, the one and only time I've been bit by a dog it was a pom... Ever since then I've not been a big "yapper dog" fan. But I've learned to see when it's some old lady's untrained lap dog and a properly trained dog so they're cool now. I'll still take my big dogs though. ;)

If you have time to run out WEST (24 miles west of Hillsboro) sometime, let me know.
We have a Trout Pond next door (Lee's U-Catch)
and we can shoot Machineguns in my backyard.

Just be for-warned,
if it is a NON-Dogshow weekend,
my wife has a few (a few hundred it seams) Poms
that your wife/girlfriend &/or Kids will fall in love with....

Pat

I don't think I ever put any pics of the dogs up (I think I put a flickr link up somewhere though).

George is the first two pics (one at 10 weeks, one a month ago). He's a blue brindle and just over a year. Still sitting right around 75 lbs.

Moose is the Seal one (again, one at 10-12 weeks, one a month ago). He's 10 months and around 90-95 lbs. He's such a goofball. Can't wait til he finally starts to fill out!

DSCN0299.jpg

DSCN0880.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0931.jpg

I'd love too! Thanks for the offer. I will definitely take you up on that. I know my brother would really enjoy meeting a doberman (and seeing/shooting some machine guns) as well. Mr. Link and JennyC welcome as well??;)

Of course, but is Mr. Link O.K.?
I have heard some stories??????

Pat

It's great having other "bully" breed owners on here! (Do Doberman's fit into the bully category??)

Strangely enough, I think they're in the "working breed" category. Not that mine has done a day of work in his life. All the same, not unlike AR/AK owners, we'll all be thrown in the same bucket if legislation comes trickling down to deal with the "killer dog menace".

I don't think I ever put any pics of the dogs up (I think I put a flickr link up somewhere though).

George is the first two pics (one at 10 weeks, one a month ago). He's a blue brindle and just over a year. Still sitting right around 75 lbs.

Moose is the Seal one (again, one at 10-12 weeks, one a month ago). He's 10 months and around 90-95 lbs. He's such a goofball. Can't wait til he finally starts to fill out!

Those are some great looking dogs!

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm almost more passionate about my dogs than I am my guns in that regard. I routinely challenge anyone to spend any amount of time with my "terrible pit bulls" and tell me they still think it's the breed.

Parents had dogs when I was little, but with a growing family moving all over the place in small homes, dogs weren't really practical so we had cats. Have had cats around pretty much all of my life.

I got Bear (short for Pooh Bear ...given Christian name is Mr. Kitty) from a client about eight years ago. He's about ten now and is a complete ham (weighs more than a couple hams together). Most definitely an intricate part of the family... my buddy.

I'm biased, but he is the coolest cat I've ever met.

Also one of the biggest domestic cats I've ever seen

...and he's not a morning person

Wish I had more, but wife won't "allow" it.

Someday when we get that place in the country with some room and get outta teh ghetoe, I'd love to have a dog or two. I've always liked Belgian Malinois.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top