JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have plans to move a couple items into a trust so my wife can use them when I'm out at work or traveling for work. She really likes my suppressed pcc 9mm sbr but I can't really legally leave it with her. I know I know but I want to be on the up and up incase God forbid she had to use it.

I know im not gonna have any issue putting the cans into a trust. But I wonder what will happen, now that 1240 has passed, if I try to transfer one of my sbr's and a couple cans into a trust owned by me? Approved or denied? Will they allow me to transfer them since it's a semi auto that's no longer "allowed to be transferred" in the state of WA?

You mean transferring them from your ownership to... Your ownership? I don't see why this would be a problem, but of course, I am not a lawyer. You should ask someone who is

You mean transferring them from your ownership to... Your ownership? I don't see why this would be a problem, but of course, I am not a lawyer. You should ask someone who is
Yeah I have a couple emails out.

I know logically it should be fine. But the atf is probably just as confused as we are about the new law in WA and it's probably easier for them to just deny it. Hoping someone on here has done this since 1240

Why would it be any different the the many other sbrs transferred into a trust after hb1240? There has been no impact as it relates to sbr approvals that I have seen. There are a couple threads relating exactly to this that show many reports of there being no problems.

Why would it be any different the the many other sbrs transferred into a trust after hb1240? There has been no impact as it relates to sbr approvals that I have seen. There are a couple threads relating exactly to this that show many reports of there being no problems.
I didn't see any other posts about an sbr being transferred from individual to trust since 1240 passed.

I typed in "1240 sbr individual to trust" and "1240 sbr" and "1240 trust" and all that comes up is my post. I'm wondering if you have links?
Here's a couple which are
Most likely the two I was thinking of. Also one of the other pistol brace threads people have reported post hb1240 going into trust. Can't remember name of that thread but it's whatever one where people report that their's went through.

0A85ED73-424B-4864-8169-2FCA954C4F5E.jpeg

Here's a couple which are
Most likely the two I was thinking of. Also one of the other pistol brace threads people have reported post hb1240 going into trust. Can't remember name of that thread but it's whatever one where people report that their's went through.

View attachment 1485711
Yeah not super concerned about a form 1 amnesty. This would be a form 4. Transfer from individual to trust. I see shy you saw similarity though

Yeah not super concerned about a form 1 amnesty. This would be a form 4. Transfer from individual to trust. I see shy you saw similarity though
FYI many of the form 1 transfers for brace rule were from an individual to a trust and the thread deals with specifically can it be done after hb1240.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top