JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I created a Trust using Silencershop.com. I would like to build an SBR using the Trust and using eform 1 which I can do via Silencershop.com. It is my understanding once completed, Silencershop will send the paperwork, photo, and prints to the ATF for electronic filing. Am I correct in that I also need to create an ATF efile account? Second, will the Trustees also need to create an efile account for their background checks?

Last Edited:
That is a July 2016 article. It is outdated. The ATF is now very inclusive of who they believe is a Responsible Person. Even when it conflicts with their own ATF regulations.

If Silencer Shop provided the trust and does the processing, I would ask them how they handle the logistics.

Outside of Silencer Shop, the trust submits the Form 1 on eForms and each Responsible Person submits a RP questionnaire, fingerprints, and their photo. I have not ventured into the electronic fingerprints with eForms yet.

I did some reading on one of my SilencerShop trusts and there is no requirement to send an updated RP form unless you're adding or removing items from trust.

Adding according to MY documents (yours may vary) is two forms to add and accept a new trustee to the trust. Those are notarized and originals kept with trust documents. Copies of them and trust to new trustee.

I would assume no

My wife doesn't have one. We submitted two F1's for silencers. Approved in 31 days.

We did the paper route. Doesn't change how they deal with it, just how it got there. The RP Questionnaire has the individuals info.

That was 9 months ago.

Yes, all trustees/responsible persons will need to create a silencer shop account. Everyone also will need their photos and fingerprints in their accounts.
They do not need a ATF efile account. Only the person submitting the application.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top