JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok , you start. Show me one conviction for moving an NFA regulated item that you legally brought in state on a 5320.20 to another non listed location in the same state in the 90 years the National Firearms Act has been in place. Then we will play your game. I mean it's only fair . I asked first.
Sorry, t's not in my job description to play your games or scour nationwide court archives to satisfy a single individual that's chooses to ignore plain text. Especially when Illegality within a law is not determined by the level of enforcement or conviction rates to begin with.

That's just an exercise in stupidity. But have fun in "your world"! 👍

It's your right..... :D

Sorry, t's not in my job description to play your games or scour nationwide court archives to satisfy a single individual that's chooses to ignore plain text. Especially when Illegality within a law is not determined by the level of enforcement or conviction rates to begin with.

That's just an exercise in stupidity. But have fun in "your world"! 👍

It's your right..... :D
They got this thing called the internet. Shouldnt take you too long to find the information you know is out there. I mean you know people are convicted in federal court all the time for this, right? They have to be because theyre bad. Theyre law breakers. Law breakers get convicted at astronomical rates. One . Just One (1) conviction in 90 years. Thats all it takes. Just one cite. Just show that guy that was convicted in federal court for moving and using an NFA item legally across state lines then using it in an area he was not signed off on said 5320.20. The rest of us law scoffers that think we know that the ATF is limited in its scope of what it has the authority to actually do on the ground, no matter what they portend, will be blown away and convert ourselves into law reciters without regards to prior ATF decisions, judgements, past practice , court decisions, constitutionality, precedent, states rights etc. Just one. You can do it . Then, when you do it, drop that mike. Say you're gonna leave then actually do it man.

They got this thing called the internet. Shouldnt take you too long to find the information you know is out there. I mean you know people are convicted in federal court all the time for this, right? They have to be because theyre bad. Theyre law breakers. Law breakers get convicted at astronomical rates. One . Just One (1) conviction in 90 years. Thats all it takes. Just one cite. Just show that guy that was convicted in federal court for moving and using an NFA item legally across state lines then using it in an area he was not signed off on said 5320.20. The rest of us law scoffers that think we know that the ATF is limited in its scope of what it has the authority to actually do on the ground, no matter what they portend, will be blown away and convert ourselves into law reciters without regards to prior ATF decisions, judgements, past practice , court decisions, constitutionality, precedent, states rights etc. Just one. You can do it . Then, when you do it, drop that mike. Say you're gonna leave then actually do it man.
Sorry little buddy. 🤣

Tripling down on a flawed premise/argument, to begin with, isn't going to gaslight me into spending my time to play your little game or feed your sense of self importance.

One of your "go to's" is putting words into peoples mouths, but I never once claimed that people have been convicted under the exact same circumstances you are trying to argue as "legal". As far as I know... it's just as possible no one has as it is someone was. As it has zero bearing on the legality of an action under the color of law, I couldn't care less.

Again... enforcement, or lack of enforcement... does not determine what is considered legal or illegal under a law. The law itself determines that.

You are the one trying to argue that, regardless of what a law might say, any action is only illegal if people are getting arrested and convicted for it.:s0140:

Instead of trying to move the goal posts under a flawed narrative, If you really want to prove your point then all you have to do is cite somewhere in the rule/law, the form instructions, in the alphabets FAQ or a direct statement from an alphabet agent indicating that a entire state may be used as an authorized "location" on a dot20.

Short of that... I'm done with you on this topic.

I'll wait...!;)

Sorry little buddy. 🤣

Tripling down on a flawed premise/argument, to begin with, isn't going to gaslight me into spending my time to play your little game or feed your sense of self importance.

One of your "go to's" is putting words into peoples mouths, but I never once claimed that people have been convicted under the exact same circumstances you are trying to argue as "legal". As far as I know... it's just as possible no one has as it is someone was. As it has zero bearing on the legality of an action under the color of law, I couldn't care less.

Again... enforcement, or lack of enforcement... does not determine what is considered legal or illegal under a law. The law itself determines that.

You are the one trying to argue that, regardless of what a law might say, any action is only illegal if people are getting arrested and convicted for it.:s0140:

Instead of trying to move the goal posts under a flawed narrative, If you really want to prove your point then all you have to do is cite somewhere in the rule/law, the form instructions, in the alphabets FAQ or a direct statement from an alphabet agent indicating that a entire state may be used as an authorized "location" on a dot20.

Short of that... I'm done with you on this topic.

I'll wait...!;)
But youve been done with the topic 3 times already.

It doesn't matter what they say. Its what they do that matters. Theres a lot of laws and rules and regulations out in the world in our odd little semi common law sort of system that dont get enforced for a reason and thats generally because they know it will fail in court upon judicial review so they dont bring those charges on anyone. No ones been charged for what you contend is clearly illegal ever.. Those of us who have been in the NFA game our entire adult lives know that . Lots of laws like that.

Last Edited:
But youve been done with the topic 3 times already.
For the record... twice... kind of. Once, that I wasn't going to restate previous discussions. Your whole... "it's not illegal and laws are moot if people aren't being convicted" nonsense is new.

The second time, you're right. Unless you can show where it's allowed, contrary to the text of the law... I'm done with you on that topic. 👍

Last Edited:
FWIW, I've put in "Multiple locations" in the address field and it's been approved every time.
Yeah. It's pretty obvious they basically just "rubber stamp" them without much scrutiny... and really don't seem to care all that much about active enforcement.

I guess the question to consider though when calculating personal risk is really.... will it matter to them and will it be legally binding if a person found themselves jammed up under a more serious charge and they want to throw that "add-on" on top(?)

It's not something I pay attention to, but I'm not aware of a case where it's been put to the test.

Personally, life is full of assumed risks and part of living, but I'm also distrustful of the goobs. It's not all that uncommon for them to give every indication they could care less... until... they really want to make a point and jam someone up.

Just like their zero tolerance policy on FFL's. It was all, "No worries! Mistakes can happen." for decades until they decided they wanted to revoke as many licenses as possible. Now, any human error is "willful elicit activity".

Yeah. It's pretty obvious they basically just "rubber stamp" them without much scrutiny... and really don't seem to care all that much about active enforcement.

I guess the question to consider though when calculating personal risk is really.... will it matter to them and will it be legally binding if a person found themselves jammed up under a more serious charge and they want to throw that "add-on" on top(?)

It's not something I pay attention to, but I'm not aware of a case where it's been put to the test.

Personally, life is full of assumed risks and part of living, but I'm also distrustful of the goobs. It's not all that uncommon for them to give every indication they could care less... until... they really want to make a point and jam someone up.

Just like their zero tolerance policy on FFL's. It was all, "No worries! Mistakes can happen." for decades until they decided they wanted to revoke as many licenses as possible. Now, any human error is "willful elicit activity".
Another overblown story. As an FFL holder in a. town of 200 other FFL holders who are not being hassled or persecuted or having their licenses revoked in a state full of FFL holders who are not being hassled or persecuted or having their licenses revoked and as a guy who knows FFL holders all across the country who are not being hassled etc...

Dont believe everything you read.

Another overblown story. As an FFL holder in a. town of 200 other FFL holders who are not being hassled or persecuted or having their licenses revoked in a state full of FFL holders who are not being hassled or persecuted or having their licenses revoked and as a guy who knows FFL holders all across the country who are not being hassled etc...

Dont believe everything you read.
You must be right, O' omnipotent one. :D

In 2021 there were 34 inspections with violations cited resulting in formal action regardless of outcome. 30 of them resulted in a revocation or voluntary surrender of their license. Nearly 12% survived.

In 2022 there were 252. All but 12 survived. Over a 500% increase and 4.5% survived.

In the first 6 months of 2023 there were 187. Only 1 survived for a .05% survival rate.
Stats have yet to be released for the last half of the year, but reviewing pending cases and planned inspections, the alphabet estimated there would be approximately 600 closed for business by years end. Basically a 200% increase over 2022.

New licenses issued has remained fairly constant for several years so at least the influx of new licenses hasn't diminished all that greatly. It's not making any dent in offsetting the ones closing their doors though.

(https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/enhanced-regulatory-enforcement-policy)

But I'm sure you know better than the alphabet's own stats. There has been no increased scrutiny or attacks against FFL's. It's all just fake internet media hype. You never fail to impress.🤣

Last Edited:
You must be right, O' omnipotent one. :D

In 2021 there were 34 inspections with violations cited resulting in formal action regardless of outcome. 30 of them resulted in a revocation or voluntary surrender of their license. Nearly 12% survived.

In 2022 there were 252. All but 12 survived. Over a 500% increase and 4.5% survived.

In the first 6 months of 2023 there were 187. Only 1 survived for a .05% survival rate.
Stats have yet to be released for the last half of the year, but reviewing pending cases and planned inspections, the alphabet estimated there would be approximately 600 closed for business by years end. Basically a 200% increase over 2022.

New licenses issued has remained fairly constant for several years so at least the influx of new licenses hasn't diminished all that greatly. It's not making any dent in offsetting the ones closing their doors though.

(https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/enhanced-regulatory-enforcement-policy)

But I'm sure you know better than the alphabet's own stats. There has been no increased scrutiny or attacks against FFL's. It's all just fake internet media hype. You never fail to impress.🤣
Quick math.. of 133000 FFLs what does that pencil out to as a percentage increase in license revocations?

Quick math.. of 133000 FFLs what does that pencil out to as a percentage increase in license revocations?
Not much! New issue rates have only seen a very slight drop, but for all intents and purposes it has remained constant for the last several years. It's not offsetting the revocations in any way.

Also to remember is that those numbers only represent revocations or surrenders. It does not account for "natural" closures or non renewals. IE., Gun shops shuttering their doors out of impending fear for their future, unable to do business in high crime rate locations or the impact on profits from recently passed 2A restrictions.

While true there has been a buying frenzy of firearms, that doesn't save... say.... that FFL over in 'wherever' that specializes in high end and custom AR/AK platforms that just found themselves in a state with new AWB. Or the FFL that can't get in product his local customers want because suppliers are too fearful of new or impending new gun control laws within that particular state.

Regardless. How many new FFL's that are actually just going into business and have yet to be audited aren't really part to the point that was being made though... now was it. Maybe a question to speculate on would be, how many new licensees will remain in long term business(?)

There has been a very clear impact from the WH's new "zero tolerance" policy push and revocation numbers have dramatically skyrocketed since the policy implementation. You can't draw definitive conclusions from only 2 years of data, but the trend so far is dramatic yearly increases, which should be alarming to anyone who has a vested interest in their 2A rights... or relies on the 2A community for their livelihood.

But I have no idea what the point was of asking the question. You already know everything. :s0140:

Not much! New issue rates have only seen a very slight drop, but for all intents and purposes it has remained constant for the last several years. It's not offsetting the revocations in any way.

Also to remember is that those numbers only represent revocations or surrenders. It does not account for "natural" closures or non renewals. IE., Gun shops shuttering their doors out of impending fear for their future, unable to do business in high crime rate locations or the impact on profits from recently passed 2A restrictions.

While true there has been a buying frenzy of firearms, that doesn't save... say.... that FFL over in 'wherever' that specializes in high end and custom AR/AK platforms that just found themselves in a state with new AWB. Or the FFL that can't get in product his local customers want because suppliers are too fearful of new or impending new gun control laws within that particular state.

Regardless. How many new FFL's that are actually just going into business and have yet to be audited aren't really part to the point that was being made though... now was it. Maybe a question to speculate on would be, how many new licensees will remain in long term business(?)

There has been a very clear impact from the WH's new "zero tolerance" policy push and revocation numbers have dramatically skyrocketed since the policy implementation. You can't draw definitive conclusions from only 2 years of data, but the trend so far is dramatic yearly increases, which should be alarming to anyone who has a vested interest in their 2A rights... or relies on the 2A community for their livelihood.

But I have no idea what the point was of asking the question. You already know everything. :s0140:
i wouldn't say so. The low hanging fruit guys happen once. Highly unlikely it was their first transgression anyway. There were a LOT of really sloppy dealers doing abysmal record keeping out there. Missing guns, missing 4473's etc. Ive known a few over the years that it was no surprise when they got their licenses revoked after multiple violations. The rest of us use computerized books which you really have to try to screw up. . What they did is knock out the 5 or 6 strikes and youre out system that had been in place and put in a system where all you have to do is keep your books straight .It behooves you to keep your books straight. Its not that hard..

The rest of us use computerized books which you really have to try to screw up. .
It's interesting that all of the good FFL's, worthy of keeping their licenses, all use computerized services.

I happen to know more than a few FFL's that have been in business for years... some decades... are in excellent standing with the alphabet and refuse to computerize their books. Most especially the remote book keeping services common today. Citing customer info safety concerns and making gooberment oversight and data collection more difficult.

Many of their customers appreciate that and remain loyal. Go figure! 😁 "Easy" often comes at a cost. Just like gooberment "protection".

It's interesting that all of the good FFL's, worthy of keeping their licenses, all use computerized services.

I happen to know more than a few FFL's that have been in business for years... some decades... are in excellent standing with the alphabet and refuse to computerize their books. Most especially the remote book keeping services common today. Citing customer info safety concerns and making gooberment oversight and data collection more difficult.

Many of their customers appreciate that and remain loyal. Go figure! 😁 "Easy" often comes at a cost. Just like gooberment "protection".
Yes, and many of the really bad ones that refused to computerize their books were easy pickings when the ATF man came around to look at their books. I mean everyone makes choices. If you suck at record keeping why compound your problems ? I know of very few dealers in my area that even fill out paper 4473's any more. I do but I used fastbound for my bound system. .No, the ATF does not have access to third party bound book systems.

Last Edited:
Yes, and many of the really bad ones that refused to computerize their books were easy pickings when the ATF man came around to look at their books. I mean everyone makes choices. If you suck at record keeping why compound your problems ? I know of very few dealers in my area that even fill out paper 4473's any more. I do but I used fastbooks for my bound system. .
Or in other words... caving to goobermental pressure to take the provided path of least resistance and allowing gooberment real time access to transaction records.

Gotcha! :D👍

Or in other words... caving to goobermental pressure to take the provided path of least resistance and allowing gooberment real time access to transaction records.

Gotcha! :D👍
Except they dont have access unless theres an audit in which case they would have access nonetheless, sure. The ATF does not have access to third party bound book systems .

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads