JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
never heard of him...but all interested people can/should apply. ;) I can tell you that this is a MUCH better gig than the vast majority of contract security gigs in town, or armored car gigs. We're not contract, we're internal, with full benes. $5000/yr in tuition reimbursement if you're interested in taking classes/getting a degree and you'll have a leg up on ASIS certs as well. I have a PSP and a CPP and all the training materials for them...

never heard of him...but all interested people can/should apply. ;) I can tell you that this is a MUCH better gig than the vast majority of contract security gigs in town, or armored car gigs. We're not contract, we're internal, with full benes. $5000/yr in tuition reimbursement if you're interested in taking classes/getting a degree and you'll have a leg up on ASIS certs as well. I have a PSP and a CPP and all the training materials for them...
Joe13 is a well known Forum member looking for employment and the tag @Joe13 just alerts him to this thread, just like @jekbrown will alert you.;)

May I ask what the salary/wage rates look like?

that's not in my realm of operations...that's an HR issue. Depends on experience / quality of the candidate. If I had to guess, it'd be somewhere between 13 and 15/hr + shift differential when you're on swing. There is OT as well, but it's a bit feast of famine. Sometimes you'll go months without any, and others you'll have more than enough.

There are security jobs in PDX that pay more per hour, but very few are better jobs. Benefits here are outstanding, and you're not standing in the rain in front of a branch, or driving around in a rent-a-cop mobile, or in a mall, or posted at a front desk of a building etc. Since I've been here 3 BSs, 2 MAs, and a PhD have been earned by employees in my office, along with a couple of high end certifications, and one national award...so self-development is definitely a possibility/advantage.

There is also potential for advancement. There are two levels of guard, two levels of supervisor, and then the area managers / managers above them. All in-house. No guarantees, of course, but I've been here over 12 years and don't plan on leaving the company. I considered a security manager job at a Google data center and passed. I am hoping for a promotion here in a few years though that will allow me some freedom to relocate.

We appreciate the time you have taken to apply for 5286229-Security Guard 1 position and sharing your background and experience with us.

Unfortunately, you do not meet the required qualifications for this position so we cannot further consider your application at this time.

Dang Joe,
I wosh I could offer you a job where I work. But it can be pretty physically demanding. Not as bad as digging ditches or anything, but It's fast paced.
If you ever get back to 100% or close and something opens up I'll be reaching out to you.
If you want some details PM me.

Will do man! And thanks:cool:

My wife just got an offer from her dream job so I actually have a little more time now to find something suitable.

We won't be rolling in cash but it's a decent bump in pay for her and insane benifits, plus a better work atmosphere I believe. I really happy for her.:)

I'll find something as soon as I'm supposed too.

I downloaded the physical requirements for a corrections officer and even if I don't go that route, it gives me some numbers to shoot for;). I think I could get there by the end of February, at least that's my goal and the pay starts at $24 as an entry level hire if I don't get back into my old field before then.

Dang Joe,
I wosh I could offer you a job where I work. But it can be pretty physically demanding. Not as bad as digging ditches or anything, but It's fast paced.
If you ever get back to 100% or close and something opens up I'll be reaching out to you.
If you want some details PM me.

MAN, I dig ditches.....seriously. Every stinkin day....all day long....boooooring....but it's also for the govt soooooooo......

Well doing anything for the govt will usually pay well and have a good retirement.
I'd suffer through that for a good paycheck and retirement. I get paid pretty good, but I'll be doing it forever.

So all Wells Fargo is willing to pay is 13-15.00 an hr and you have to be armed because someone might shoot you!! Really I would think that's 60,000.-80k in my book not 30,000.00 Just saying.
Appreciate you posting though.
Stacy

So all Wells Fargo is willing to pay is 13-15.00 an hr and you have to be armed because someone might shoot you!! Really I would think that's 60,000.-80k in my book not 30,000.00 Just saying.
Stacy

Yea, I miss read the OP and thought it was a $50k/year job or I wouldn't have applied.

Nice of him to post it for anyone with the credentials they want.

Stacy

I take it you don't work in the industry. In 2004 when I started at Loomis as an armored courier, where you're about 100x more likely to be shot, we started at 9.50/hr, and some companies were paying even less. In the Marines, I was paid even less, and it was more likely still to be killed in the line of duty. I suppose it's unfortunate that the level of danger in a job has nothing to do with pay, but this is one of the safest armed security gigs you'll ever find.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top