JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is preemption part of the Oregon constitution? If so, I was of the understanding that the constitution could be changed with a majority vote by both the house and senate. If it does have to go before the voters, then that's a good thing, could save our butts. Considering I work in Portland, the last thing I want is to have my right to carry cut off by those bloodsucking muther funkers.

I have to stop reading these threads, this stuff is just constantly leaving me pizzed off :mad::mad::mad:
Me too!

POS's. The whole lot of them.

The only way to stop them is to not continue to give the Democrats the majority in November. Talk to everyone you know - if they normally vote D, ask them, even for one election, to consider voting for someone else. The D's have a strangle hold in Salem, and continuing to reward them with votes is only making it worse. Anyone that cares about liberty needs to break the D majority in Salem so they realize there are consequences for their actions.
A lot harder said, than done. We have apathetic lemmings, in the greater Portland area, Salem, Corvallis and Eugene.

Sadly, A lot of people simply do not know these things are happening or they would get all worked up and get out and vote to stop it, or rally to be heard! Once Again, the Media is to blame for only sharing the news they wish to be heard and seen, and not the truth!:mad::mad::mad:

You can read gun owner into each stanza...

"First They Came for the Jews"
By Pastor Niemoller

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Sadly, A lot of people simply do not know these things are happening or they would get all worked up and get out and vote to stop it, or rally to be heard! Once Again, the Media is to blame for only sharing the news they wish to be heard and seen, and not the truth!:mad::mad::mad:
The media obfuscation will be one message on my sign tomorrow in Salem.

I am also going to start picketing the media offices with my signs about the lying media.
KEZI, KVAL, KMTR and Fox ....all in Eugene. After multiple ignored emails to all these people, maybe I will get some attention.
I urge people to picket their media outlets in Portland.

$50 says he doesn't even know what a phillips head screwdriver is.

The pussification of America never ceases to amaze me. And it will be the death of us all.

Knee-jerk, emotion driven politicians will be the end of freedom.

If we allow it, that is. Heller v. DC was pretty clear, I thought.

What liberal politicians are actually admitting is that they are absolutely impotent when it comes to crime control.

There is nothing whatsoever knee-jerk nor are politicians impotent to fight crime. This is entirely a willful choice with intent and a specific outcome in mind.

My question is do these progressive politicians, along with their useful idiots, really believe they are immune from tar and feathers, or possibly more, if things truly degenerate? A mayor has only so much security.

I have no desire to see anyone come to harm, but if you keep pushing people, sooner or later a push back can be expected.

If Portland could prempt state law couldn't that open the door for other cities to take it the other direction? For example Roseburg overturning an AWB? Once you open Pandora's Box you don't get to bubblegum about unintended consequences.

If Portland could prempt state law couldn't that open the door for other cities to take it the other direction? For example Roseburg overturning an AWB? Once you open Pandora's Box you don't get to bubblegum about unintended consequences.
Our Sheriff in Douglas County, John Hanlin, is very Pro-Gun. He has already stated that any gun laws passed by Ms. AC/DC and the Demo fools in Salem, will be low priority.

This is not surprising at all. This is exactly what i expect from Democrats. What really ticks me off though is those gun owners who keep voting for them. Delusional hypocrites.

Don't get too comfortable sitting on that sack up in Washington. The same crapshow that they're trying to dump on us (Oregon) could easily roll up north.
Hear ya bro, and I'm not. What I was refering to was an old song where the feds went to some hillbillies place and dug up all their wildwood weed plants and loaded them up and drove off. The brothers just smiled and waved, sitting there, on that sack of seeds.
Let's say Oregon (and Washington) do pass a ban and each state has a 100,000 fully semi autos. How many would actually be handed over for confiscation? And how many would not?

So, to what end? Because more laws = more safety? I'm in a state with minimal firearms restrictions. By that "logic" Idaho's streets should be littered with the corpses of "victims of gun violence".
But the truth is, Oregon and Washington are both higher in gun homicides and violent crime rates by percentage and actual numbers.

It's not about the children or "saving just one life". This is all a big lie and you guy need to be spreading the word to anyone who will listen. Preemption, I43, all of this is about control. Free, armed citizens are safer.

If our local law enforcement ever needed help from the civilians providing it was constitutionally correct I would be one of the first to help. How ever if they acted to remove my right to protection I will not need my guns when it is done. Our law enforcement and politicians do not truly understand the problems they are creating by trying to ban our right to bear arms. Some will give there weapons up without a fight many will not.

If ever there was some kind of mass ban in this country, everyone who voted for it would realize their mistake VERY quickly. I think there is this naive delusion that if we just neuter the 2nd amendment that magically no one will come for the 1st, or any of our other rights in this country. I always try and remind people that if we did not have an armed citizenry that we would flat out not have the rights that we have in this country. period. There is NO OTHER INCENTIVE for government to act in the peoples interest other than the possibility of the people biting back.

Any kind of government structure, by nature, will push towards a monopoly of violence. And once a monopoly of violence is achieved you can kiss any kind of free speech or due process goodbye.

Is preemption part of the Oregon constitution? If so, I was of the understanding that the constitution could be changed with a majority vote by both the house and senate. If it does have to go before the voters, then that's a good thing, could save our butts. Considering I work in Portland, the last thing I want is to have my right to carry cut off by those bloodsucking muther funkers.

I have to stop reading these threads, this stuff is just constantly leaving me pizzed off :mad::mad::mad:

No, it is not part of the state Constitution, so preemption can be very easily overturned, if the Democrats want to. The statute number is 166.170.

Everyone is going to be coming for your guns soon.

ORS 166.170 - State preemption - 2017 Oregon Revised Statutes

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads