JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today, Portland's Mayor Ted Wheeler vowed that next year he will get Governor Brown and the Legislature to put an end to the State of Oregon's preemption over local governments when it comes to gun control.

He pledged that he will go to Salem and get Portland, and other local governments, the right to pass far stronger gun laws than what our state has.

Here is a link to a reporter's news video of him making this promise to the public today:

Kelly Kenoyer on Twitter

The Oregon State preemption law is specifically there to prevent the type of travesty Mayor Wheeler is trying to get away with. It keeps locales from creating a hodgepodge of laws and restrictions which would run counter to state law. Make no mistake, Wheeler would be more than happy to emulate Portland with New York City and Deerfield, Illinois. Only that pesky state preemption stands in his way. Anyone living in Portland should think twice about registering their AW if IP43 passes. If Wheeler had his way you would automatically be on the ban list. Wheeler was out trying to score political points during the latest kid's antigun march. Instead of going after responsible gun owners who legally own their firearms and present ZERO threat to anyone, he should look to the real problems affecting his city now. Gang shootings, the homeless problem, affordable housing, mental health resources, business crime (up 25%), police staffing, etc. etc. From reddit/pdxgunnuts -

Oh ffs... "Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler told dozens of students outside city hall Friday he's going to work on a ban of assault-style weapons in the city."

"He (Mayor Wheeler) also said he's going to ask Ore. Gov. Kate Brown to lift state preemptions so he can pass ban on assault-style weapons in the city. He also wants to change the buying age for weapons to 21."

Feel free to leave him an opinion [email protected]

Last Edited:
Today, Portland's Mayor Ted Wheeler vowed that next year he will get Governor Brown and the Legislature to put an end to the State of Oregon's preemption over local governments when it comes to gun control.

He pledged that he will go to Salem and get Portland, and other local governments, the right to pass far stronger gun laws than what our state has.

Here is a link to a reporter's news video of him making this promise to the public today:

Kelly Kenoyer on Twitter

This guy really ticks me off, every time he opens his mouth!

Knee-jerk, emotion driven politicians will be the end of freedom.

If we allow it, that is. Heller v. DC was pretty clear, I thought.

What liberal politicians are actually admitting is that they are absolutely impotent when it comes to crime control.

What I don't get is that he already has the laws in place to deal with the miscreants and ne'er do wells who use a firearm in commission of a crime. Yet he does nothing to enforce those laws.

Rather, his administration keeps cutting PD budgets, reducing staff and running the equipment into the ground. Aspirng to be the consumate politician he wants to be, he makes such statements in furtherance of his career with no regard to really doing anything of substance.

Make no mistake, Wheeler would be more than happy to emulate Portland with New York City and Deerfield, Illinois. Only that pesky state preemption stands in his way. Anyone living in Portland should think twice about registering their AW if IP43 passes. If Wheeler had his way you would automatically be on the ban list.
But so many gun owners cant put two and two together and see four. When will the fudds wake up, even their squirrel guns are on the ban list.

POS's. The whole lot of them.

The only way to stop them is to not continue to give the Democrats the majority in November. Talk to everyone you know - if they normally vote D, ask them, even for one election, to consider voting for someone else. The D's have a strangle hold in Salem, and continuing to reward them with votes is only making it worse. Anyone that cares about liberty needs to break the D majority in Salem so they realize there are consequences for their actions.

Funny thing is, Nether the Stooooooooopid mayor or that pesky Gon'ness Bloody Kate Brown stain have any means to undo preemption with out putting it before the voters, NEVER gonna happen! Even the most extreme left would fear that move, it would literally open Pandora's box on all sorts of crimes, including those even the extreme left fears! Mob Rule is what would result!

Funny thing is, Nether the Stooooooooopid mayor or that pesky Gon'ness Bloody Kate Brown stain have any means to undo preemption with out putting it before the voters, NEVER gonna happen! Even the most extreme left would fear that move, it would literally open Pandora's box on all sorts of crimes, including those even the extreme left fears! Mob Rule is what would result!

Is preemption part of the Oregon constitution? If so, I was of the understanding that the constitution could be changed with a majority vote by both the house and senate. If it does have to go before the voters, then that's a good thing, could save our butts. Considering I work in Portland, the last thing I want is to have my right to carry cut off by those bloodsucking muther funkers.

I have to stop reading these threads, this stuff is just constantly leaving me pizzed off :mad::mad::mad:

I believe ( I may be incorrect though) that it first has to pass public scrutiny before it gets pushed forward to the house and senate to amend the State Constitution! Ironic isn't it? They have all the brains and big payout, but cannot see something simple, and yet they open their mouths and spew forth this nonsense! Bunch of bubblegum, bubblegum, bubblegum!

Never say never.
Looks at these mush for brains teens, leaving school all over the country and protesting for the banishment of firearms. They are even wanting the police disarmed. It's a continual uphill battle and we are all getting older. These young punks will be running the country soon and we will be screwed!

Ha, Cold day in hell when I turn in or register any thing. They can rant and rave and bluster, but it still has to pass and that means both voters and SCOTUS, don't think it will make both hurdles, but we will see, and in the mean time, we need to fight with every thing we have, or were going to be fighting with every thing we have!

The recent tax bill the Guv plans on signing never went to a vote by the people.

Taxation without representation once again rears its ugly head and we are all going to suffer unless it stops.

ted wheelers a c^nt

Best said by this guy!
3398C0B100000578-0-image-a-129_1461795141626.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR