JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed. One of the things that made me stop going was gone were the days you could find unique, novel, historical, etc. items and instead only saw the same plastic, striker-fired automatics and ARs. Not there is anything wrong with that; I just found it dull. And prices were no better than online, so, meh.

Exactly. Gone are the tables filled with Garands, Enfields, and M1 Carbines.. Gone are the tables filled with high end rifles like HK, Galil, Uzi etc.. Gone are the tables filled with lever-actions going back 100 years.. Gone are the tables filled with 98k's or bolt-action hunting rifles... They're still out there, but now they're on the web, scattered across various forums and online auctions. The new normal..

I just returned from the show. I have to agree and disagree with a lot of posts.

The parking and entry fee is a $20 setback from the beginning. I get over it real quick when I walk in through the doors and realize that there is not one LGS that has what is in front of me. Now, for the 2-3+ hours walking, looking, drooling, handling and fondling NUMEROUS makes and models of firearms.

With the advent of the internet pricing can be found cross country and around the world. As a lot of folks like to reminisce about "the old days", well, now everyone knows what a good deal is, and isn't anymore. But, if you look, you'll still find good deals. Lots of good deals. I see folks complaining that they can't low-ball someone for something. I have NEVER been turned down for a reasonable offer - regardless of what the initial asking was.

"Asking price". That is exactly that. They have to put a price on their stuff, and they have to start someplace. They can always go down, but they can never go UP on their price when "negotiating".

Yeah, you have the same people asking 20% OVER new price, for a rifle that was used as a splitting axe. Or $150 more for a pistol, than the guy 1/2 way down the isle is selling too. Offer something for it if you are interested.

I'm picking this next item as it seems to stick out the most..... AR mags or Glock mags. 1 guy is wanting to sell his PMAG's for $20ea. The guy 2 isle's over, and 1/2 way up, is selling them for $10ea. Glock mags are the same. If I don't want to walk back to the "cheaper guy" I at least offer what the other guy is selling them for. Very rarely am I ever turned down. Or the people that think just because it's 30 years old, doesn't make it worth 200%-300% of a new one.

Yeah, sure, you get great prices online, but take into consideration shipping, FFL fee's, wait times, blah, blah, blah and you've saved yourself what? Or better yet, you buy it from an auction and realize that that there was a lot more wrong with it that disclosed.

I'll still go to them on occasion. I like looking. On rare occasions there is something that i can't live without. Looking at all the products, eye-candy, bling, the latest on the market (and being able to hold and feel every one of them), 3 hours of exercise, etc, is $20 nicely spent by me.

My $0.02.

:s0155:

Gun shows used to be extremely popular in these small rural E. Oregon communities. Now we have to pay $12 entry to see the same things the LGS guys have in their stores, at prices that are 10%-20% higher.

During the powder shortages, one table/dealer had a really old partial 1lb can of Unique that he had priced at $50!

No go....

I only got the albany show. Mainly because I want to see heirlooms and not your standard plastic blackness.

The expo is a no go. High parking and entree fees. Plus the drive.....

I have to agree about the promoter shows, pretty lame, but I really like the club shows: Roseburg Gun Club, Albany ARPC, Albany Lions Club, Rickreall, Eugene WVAC, and such.

I went there i think twice. Nice selection compared to the one in hillsboro but since we have the internet or LGS that'll order what I want I don't see the point unless if i wanna get lectured by the veteran guy about why the AR is so good and see all the boogaloo LARP'ers chain smoking in the parking lot. The only downside is the lost opportunity to grab that dank jerky.

I have not been in a long time as I am not looking to buy more guns at the moment.
However, the gun shows are great for new shooters. No where else can you see and handle hundreds of different guns. I first got into firearms and shooting when I moved to Oregon from Hawaii in 2002. I was like a kid in a candy store at the guns shows. I went every month. Even if I was not buying anything, I was having a great time checking out all the guns and thinking about what my next one would be. The price of admission was cheap for the entertainment I got from going.

The entry cost paired with inflated item prices burned me out on gun shows a while back. Not to mention piss poor attitudes from many (not all) vendors.
No real incentive to go now that forums and online retailers have what I want at better prices.

I heard that this was a "new" show. A Shooting sports show or Sportsmans show type. Is it worth going if I'm looking at guns or should I not waste my time? I don't like paying the parking and entry fee but do it because I enjoy looking at guns and talking to the vendors.

I heard that this was a "new" show. A Shooting sports show or Sportsmans show type. Is it worth going if I'm looking at guns or should I not waste my time? I don't like paying the parking and entry fee but do it because I enjoy looking at guns and talking to the vendors.
Wes Knodel sold his Portland shows to someone else and this was the first one for the new promoter. The new promoter wants to revitalize the show and has mentioned things like door prizes every two hours, demonstrations, lectures of interest and other outdoor venders and activities. But he wants it to be a better gun show first and foremost.

I've occasionally still gone to the PDX one but have been finding it's less and less worthwhile. Last time though, I was able to score a .357 lever action for a slightly better price than online (factoring in that online one pays shipping and then FFL transfer fees while at the show you parking, admission, a $10 bgc). Plus add the value of taking it home that same day rather than waiting a week and getting a chance to inspect in person rather than hassling with potentially sending it back if it's not up to snuff. But that's a pretty rare thing tbh, probably the first gun I got at a gun show in several years.

Last Edited:
If you have never been to the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club (ARPC) show put on at the Linn County Fairgrounds twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall you owe it to yourself to attend. The parking is free and plentiful, the vendors actually have firearms and related wares and it will remind you of the good old days from 30 years ago. ARPC does an excellent job of keeping the junk vendors, as seen on TV products and other such nonsense that doesn't belong at a gun show out of their show.

Our group has made this a biannual get together with most of those attending carpooling down from the Portland Metro area, attend the show when it opens, go grab lunch, then come back to the show for a final run through the tables.

Mark your calendars for March 7th and 8th this year: ARPC - Gun Show

When they stopped having the gun show in St Helens I gave up on attending and supporting these gunshows. They should become a foot note in history for I will not miss them. IMHO

What I like about gun shows is taking a snap shot of what people in my area are thinking. All calm = empty parking lot and no vendors. People on edge = gun boxes stacked 3 high under the table, no free space on the table and no one moaning about prices.

I've seen the growth of women shopping alone at the shows. Women with children and women being more assertive.

I do think gun shows are but of a wasted opportunity to have speakers or networking to get organized. Not the booth asking for $5 but an effort to take advantage and inform people. Help them to write their representives and such.

I like the arpc gun show but I havent found any good deals on guns. I may be the odd man out here but I'll buy all my new guns online nowadays. I find much better prices online. And even with shipping ( which is usually free or very cheap) and ffl fees I still save money. The 2 S&W M&P's I got I got online for $400 and $420...every local shop wanted $550+ so yeah I dont mind a 7 day wait and a $25 fee to save hundreds. With that being said the show is great to go and see everything in one spot and get to pick up guns and see how they feel and I always try to buy some small stuff, magazines, food, trinkets and what not. Just not firearms. That may change though, I just havent found a decent deal yet is all.

Oregon Arms Collector show is pretty good, although half of the show isn't for sale... it's a nice bunch of museum pieces, half of which you can buy and shoot.
Free parking, no concession stands, plenty of conversation and awesome inventory. Some people have some new stuff, but it's not the reason for the show at all.
The Portland show is in August.

In Washington it's jay inslee in oregon the woman/man human ??? that pulls the strings all are left wing lunatic dingbats that if interviewed would tell it's the law abiding tax payer that is the cause of all gun violence no facts just FEELINGS , Complete out of touch with reality lunatic dingbat left wing democrats
You wait till the next leftwing dingbat is elected president we will have full on guns shows again but I doubt pricing will be cheap

JMO

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews