JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just to be clear I am not bashing polymer 80, I have not yet reached out to customer service about this but I need to vent. I have gotten two frames from them so far and both have not worked out! Wont lie im a little heated!!! The first one I can say I might have messed up the back hole pin alignment but even still the front frame and back frame wont seat properly there a tiny amount of metal stopping the pins from going through!!! The second one I took my time on I used a level on the jig while it was in the vice used the drill on slow and had someone second check that I was lined up straight and even with the drill both pins fit perfectly across, but when the rails are seated they have a tiny bit of metal in the way from pushing the pins through on both the front and back rail x2 on both frames!!! What are the chances someone gets a lemon twice am I just an idiot I know how to use a drill! I have seen there has been issues in the past with this but twice!!! Is it just me? Im going to contact customer service tomorrow and see what can be done but dang is it depressing.

this has been a known issue for a while now.
I drill one side at and instill the metal to make sure the pins will line up.
in a worst case scenario, leave the metal in the frame put the frame in the jig and drill a new hole a tiny bit under the old hole slowly and its best to mount it in a vice while using a drill press the do this, using a long enough bit to go through the entire frame.

but yeah it sucks. probably why Poly80 doesnt make complete firearms. they lack QC.
Thanks for the advice!! Glad you read the post Im so dissapointed man two in a row!!

I drill one side at and install the metal piece to make sure the pins will line up.
in a worst case scenario, leave the metal in the frame put the frame in the jig and drill a new hole a tiny bit under the old hole slowly and its best to mount it in a vice while using a drill press to do this, using a long enough bit to go through the entire frame.

but yeah it sucks. probably why Poly80 doesnt make complete firearms. they lack QC.
I think they do make complete pistols. Bimart seems be carrying them.

I came across the same issue of alignment, and it appears that when the rails were made from a flat they werent bent up completely parallel, they're slightly twisted. In my case I made it work but it was tricky.

Just to be clear I am not bashing polymer 80, I have not yet reached out to customer service about this but I need to vent. I have gotten two frames from them so far and both have not worked out! Wont lie im a little heated!!! The first one I can say I might have messed up the back hole pin alignment but even still the front frame and back frame wont seat properly there a tiny amount of metal stopping the pins from going through!!! The second one I took my time on I used a level on the jig while it was in the vice used the drill on slow and had someone second check that I was lined up straight and even with the drill both pins fit perfectly across, but when the rails are seated they have a tiny bit of metal in the way from pushing the pins through on both the front and back rail x2 on both frames!!! What are the chances someone gets a lemon twice am I just an idiot I know how to use a drill! I have seen there has been issues in the past with this but twice!!! Is it just me? Im going to contact customer service tomorrow and see what can be done but dang is it depressing.

Check out this video:

I drill one side at and install the metal piece to make sure the pins will line up.
in a worst case scenario, leave the metal in the frame put the frame in the jig and drill a new hole a tiny bit under the old hole slowly and its best to mount it in a vice while using a drill press to do this, using a long enough bit to go through the entire frame.

This is terrible advise brother. Check out Marinegunbuilder.

If you fug up the holes you can use jb weld to seal it back up sand it smooth and try again. That said for the rear pin holes I enlarge the metal slightly down. Take a little at a time till the pins line up perfect and are snug. Also usually I make the front legs(where the pins go in) on the locking block a tiny bit smaller and slightly bevelled. Makes them operate nice.

The finish touch for mine is I turn them upside down with rails installed and sand the rails slightly. Then polish the rails with machine polish.

Makes a damn fine pistol

@40isforme I did the same as the post above. Just open up the bottom of the hole on the metal and it'll line right up. I just had a drill bit hand and just worked it out but a Dremel with sanding bit probably would have worked better. I Have shot atleast 4-500 rounds without a hiccup. Also as mentioned above check out the marine gun builder YouTube. He has so good info.

The only issue is the front rails do the same to :(
You enlarge the pin holes in the metal on the rear. You shorten the legs of the block to drop the holes on the front.

You guys should try a 1911 build if you think hand fitting a P80 is hard. That's what I'm doing next

I've had one 940 go together like butta, but three 45's have issues due to the Tom Funkery that needs to be done to the trigger housing to get it to fit the frame. In all three cases the the ejector sits too high which makes the slide run on it instead of the rail. The guns ran that way, but the trigger bar would barely catch the fireing pin. I'm slowly getting them corrected, but you'd think P80 would make the modification to the mold that would fix the issue using the only trigger housing available from glock.

Im sorry but are you sure you can build a firearm if you cant fix "a tiny bit of metal in the way that prevents the pin from going through"?
Hahaha the point is it shouldnt be that way in the first place. And piecing together a poly 80 isnt anywhere close to legit building like 1911s aks ect

Hahaha the point is it shouldnt be that way in the first place.
I understand that... but not everything just goes together smooth. Its frustrating but you gotta work around it.

I bought a LPK for the same frame and the little spring in the front was too short...little bending and it worked.

I understand that... but not everything just goes together smooth. Its frustrating but you gotta work around it.

I bought a LPK for the same frame and the little spring in the front was too short...little bending and it worked.
Tottaly get you there was able to fix it and its running just two of them in a row with same issue thats crazy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top