JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If anyone has….. someone I'm sure. How difficult is it to match magpul or polymer furniture to older break action shotties?

I picked up an ole Steven's nitro special 12g as a trunk something….. not interested in restoration or OG parts…. Investing enough time I could replace wood but the lumber on this actually pretty good. And overall condition of the whole thing is better than any quick sale or parts sales on line…

I don't have experience with older wood rifle restoration or repair… definitely not 12g.

Are these receiver connections to wood stock pretty "standard"…..
Like would Steven's type furniture be pretty close to mounting hardware and "points"? It doesn't have to be pretty.

Has anyone even bothered with polymer…?

IMG_6302.jpeg IMG_6301.jpeg IMG_6300.jpeg

No...they are not "standard " at all...many subtle differences between models , years and makers....

I'd really think about some epoxy if you are worried about what little cracks or stress fractures that I see from your pictures.
It is a easy and quick fix.
After taking a second look....I ain't seeing anything to worry about....

If you are worried about the stock breaking / damage and don't like the wood....maybe some sort of polymer coating for the stock...?
Andy

With enough Bondo anything is possible ;)

Or Acraglas, Devcon or most any 2 part epoxy. If you can find a stock that fits pretty closely or can be cut/sanded down to fit you can build up the low spots to fit and than sand it down to look like it was factory. Done well and it would look great, done poorly it will be the stuff of internet memes

With enough Bondo anything is possible ;)

Or Acraglas, Devcon or most any 2 part epoxy. If you can find a stock that fits pretty closely or can be cut/sanded down to fit you can build up the low spots to fit and than sand it down to look like it was factory. Done well and it would look great, done poorly it will be the stuff of internet memes
Besides some hand tools….(11 in1, and channel locks) ….. fix anything :
Bondo, baling wire and duct tape ….WD40

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews