JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like a bicycle. What can go wrong?
Higher chance your not really getting the brand its showing.
Otherwise your fine if you know the seller is legit.
Ive personally found that the prices on ebay arent lower than what I can almost always find at a known webstore like Midway or Brownells.

Yikes. Looks scary. would love to get facts and stats on occurrences like that with P80 like pistols...
honestly though would a glock have survived whatever caused this?
The point is, if you're buying the cheapest parts off a website that's known to be full of counterfeit questionable items, you're increasing your risk of catastrophic parts failure substantially. You asked what could go wrong.

But hey, it's your wallet and your meat beaters so do as you wish

Thans The ebay listings had multiple 5 star reviews..... no I get it. Normal to have some doubts about the cheapest ebay slide and cheapest ebay barrel. But i figure it's a glock. It's a super old and familiar machine. Like a bicycle. What can go wrong?
A lot. And it's not a Glock…. A $39.00 barrel would make me a tad bit hesitant.

The point is, if you're buying the cheapest parts off a website that's known to be full of counterfeit questionable items, you're increasing your risk of catastrophic parts failure substantially. You asked what could go wrong.

I prefer DlCK SKINNERS!

I honestly could be dissuaded from using an ebay g19 build pretty quickly if I saw enough compelling facts about their failures being dangerous and likely. I did do some research but I was not dissuaded after it all.
Not like its an ebay SIG P320

I honestly could be dissuaded from using an ebay g19 build pretty quickly if I saw enough compelling facts about their failures being dangerous and likely. I did do some research but I was not dissuaded after it all.
Hell. I wouldn't carry a factory P320. Haha. Doesn't have to be from eBay for me not to have any faith in it.

I don't think there is any searchable data on gun build safety, most gun owners never shoot them enough. The kind of failures like that photo are almost always ammo related.
There is something to be learned from building a gun off ebay... there's just no way to know who made those parts in your gun. Are the plastic bits the right plastic? Are the spring rates truly correct? Was the barrel the right metal, heat treated correctly? will it withstand +P ammo? Will the pins break under use. Probably not... probably. But none of those ebay parts show who the mfg is....
Whenever your tempted to buy anything off ebay just google the same item from a store front and you'll usually find the same with a brand name for close to the same (I estimated only about $40 more than you spent). Swenson barrels are a housebrand for Midway and super cheap but they work. I put one in my G19 clone build and it runs and at least I know I can return it if needed.
That said, dont beat yourself up over this its a nice budget build.

Do a safety check on it though to see if it passes before you shoot it.

Here is the parts list for the ebay g19.

I think this is as cheap as you can get it. $319.99 today

I ended up with an extra Glock 19 clone frame and decided to do a similar build. I ended up spending a bit more on the barrel and a bit more on an RMR cut slide but paid a bit less on the upper and lower kits. I can't tell any difference in the cheap kit parts and the expensive kit parts that I used on my Glock 27 clone build. Both the cheap and expensive kits needed a good polish with Flitz. I would not be surprised if the cheap kits and expensive kits (over 2x the price of the cheap kit BUT had a fancy name) came from the same Chinese factory although both were labeled made in the USA.

The sights are the hard part. I went with TrueGlo tritium/fiber sights on my G27 build and love them! They won't fit the RMR cut slide and cost ~$100. I am thinking I might want suppressor height sights that will co-witness if I mount a reddot.

The Midwayusa barrel should arrive this week at which time I will put everything (minus the sights) together. I should probably pick up some $13 sights for now.

My G27 build turned out nice and functioned perfectly. Then I put some Flitz on the slide and rails then worked the slide by hand a few hundred times. This REALLY smoothed out the action!

The thing with the Glock design is that there just isn't a hell of a lot in their guns. Not being a Glock guy previously I was really surprised how little there is in their pistols! I have never really wanted a Glock pistol but I have so many Glock mags for my PCC's that it seems a shame not to have a pistol that could also use the magazines.

Last Edited:
I wish thecheap budget slides would at least mill the "bullnose" feature to get rid of the square blocky appearance...

Id pay a bit more for that.

I wish thecheap budget slides would at least mill the "bullnose" feature to get rid of the square blocky appearance...

Id pay a bit more for that.
I prefer the blocky look actually. I may be the odd one out on that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top