JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
out here on the North Fork, I sleep with my windows open, for the fresh air and to be able to hear the guard geese at night
don't have to worry about homeless Liberals out here staring in our windows
was going out to shoot my AR carbine this morning and found it coated with yellow pollen dust from our Big Leaf Maple - IN MY BEDROOM
now there are screens on the windows and an air cleaner in front of the window due to my COPD
yet my AR, Finn Mosin and Mossberg Shockwave were coated in yellow pollen dust, not to mention my HK VP9 on the headboard
as well as my bed and arms
the pollen is intense out here on the North Fork this year
is pollen dust corrosive on AR coatings? I'm sure it will not affect my Fin M38

Since pollen dust can be sticky / tacky....
Even if pollen dust by itself ain't corrosive it might attract something that is corrosive.

In any event...
Wouldn't it just be simple to clean the pollen dust off your firearms...?
And not worry 'bout it.....
Andy

out here on the North Fork, I sleep with my windows open, for the fresh air and to be able to hear the guard geese at night
don't have to worry about homeless Liberals out here staring in our windows
was going out to shoot my AR carbine this morning and found it coated with yellow pollen dust from our Big Leaf Maple - IN MY BEDROOM
now there are screens on the windows and an air cleaner in front of the window due to my COPD
yet my AR, Finn Mosin and Mossberg Shockwave were coated in yellow pollen dust, not to mention my HK VP9 on the headboard
as well as my bed and arms
the pollen is intense out here on the North Fork this year
is pollen dust corrosive on AR coatings? I'm sure it will not affect my Fin M38
Well there's your problem.

In thick Russian accent, "Buy glorious Kalash. Why do you own rifle breaks from tree dust?"

1000003219.jpg

Just clean it off and put CLP on it with a lint free rag. Pollen dust isn't gonna affect anodized aluminum or parkerized/nitrided or bare stainless steel. Trust me, the military M4s, M16s go through much more abrasive/corrosive stuff day in, day out.

Since pollen dust can be sticky / tacky....
Even if pollen dust by itself ain't corrosive it might attract something that is corrosive.

In any event...
Wouldn't it just be simple to clean the pollen dust off your firearms...?
And not worry 'bout it.....
Andy
this is the first time in 24 years I've seen pollen dust on my firearms in the house
must be Global Warming pollen dust
or Moon dust from the eclipse
it doesn't blow off with the compressor, had to wipe them down with Ballistol

Pollen will be mostly sugars and protein. By itself that will not hurt anything, but it is hygroscopic, and that will cause problems for finishes and coatings long term. The protein can also break down into oils which can stain. It's probably not a problem short term, but over longer periods it will tarnish and discolor almost anything. But if you do not care about looks there is probably nothing it can do that would impact the actual function of the firearm, unless you really let the rust get away from you.

this is the first time in 24 years I've seen pollen dust on my firearms in the house
must be Global Warming pollen dust
or Moon dust from the eclipse
it doesn't blow off with the compressor, had to wipe them down with Ballistol
So if the firearms are clean now....
You fixed the issue....keep 'em in some sort of cover...and you are done.

I suppose you could conduct a tree cutting campaign to rid your corner of the world of maple trees...
Seems easier just to wipe down the firearms from time to time.
Andy

.there are screens on the windows and an air cleaner in front of the window due to my COPD..
and you leave the windows wide open for the fresh air.. so you can listen for liberal window peepers tells me your goose isn't warning you, it's calling in coordinates to snowflake central.

and you leave the windows wide open for the fresh air.. so you can listen for liberal window peepers tells me your goose isn't warning you, it's calling in coordinates to snowflake central.
don't think there is a liberal within 5 miles
people have to work when they own property
most Californians who retire out here don't last though the first Winter

now that i think about it, the Seattle software engineers who own the 10 acres up the hill may be liberals, but they don't live here full time,
have a caretaker living on the place and they only come out on weekends

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads