JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep ARNOLD LAW FIRM's number with me at all times. (855) 976-8493. They are Gun Rights Attorneys for CC, Open Carry, NFA, Brandishing, Self Defense, Castle Doctrine, Deadly Force etc.
They have offices in Portland and Eugene.

http://arnoldlawfirm.com/oregon-gun-rights-attorneys/

REMEMBER:
1. CALL 911
2. RENDER AID AND ASSISTANCE
3. STFU!
4. TRAIN FOR THAT DAY!

I have Jason Short's law firm (Short Law Group) in Tigard-Beaverton on retainer.

If the cops show up at your perfectly good self-defense shooting and find you refusing to say anything except 'I'll talk to you after I talk with my lawyer', you will be arrested on suspicion of murder. What else are they supposed to do? Maybe rely on a witness who didn't see the whole thing? Maybe check with the miscreant's girlfriend who was lookout while he mugged a couple of yahoos?

You can say the following, without causing yourself any grief :

"That man attacked me, I had to shoot him to stop the attack. I don't know who he is, we were (just sitting on the couch watching TV when he kicked in the door) (just walking down the sidewalk to the restaurant when he jumped at us)."

"He had a knife (weapon), I think he's laying on it. Is he dead? He looks like it to me. We called 911 as soon as we could, but it happened so fast, it was already over."

"I'm pretty shook, officer, I'll make a full statement tomorrow. What time should I come by with my attorney to make a statement."

In the end, it matters naught what you say or do not say after a DPF situation as long as you do not say or do anything to incriminate yourself at the scene. The cops do not make decisions to indict, only the local DA and a Grand Jury does that. They may arrest, but so what? They will still need probable cause to detain and hold over. Unless there is overwhelming evidence at the scene that your use of DPF is completely justified, you are going in.

The DA will act towards his/her own agenda, career, local social culture with respect to self-defense and firearms, and the local political climate. The American system of "justice" is very diverse, very localized, and very prone to misuse and abuse. And to a certain extent, it was designed that way by the Founders to counter His Majesties (centralized) Justice, enforced by fiat at the point of a musket.

Salinas vs. TX makes it necessary to specifically invoke right to silence, or what you don't say can also be used against you.
I'm not a lawyer but have watched every episode of Better Call Saul.

I keep ARNOLD LAW FIRM's number with me at all times. (855) 976-8493. They are Gun Rights Attorneys for CC, Open Carry, NFA, Brandishing, Self Defense, Castle Doctrine, Deadly Force etc.
They have offices in Portland and Eugene.

http://arnoldlawfirm.com/oregon-gun-rights-attorneys/

REMEMBER:
1. CALL 911
2. RENDER AID AND ASSISTANCE
3. STFU!
4. TRAIN FOR THAT DAY!

Anyone know of a law firm like this in the Vancouver area???

The best way is exactly what everyone has been saying. STFU. The best part is that wihth everyone with a cell phone recording things, the witnesses will do the job of saying "yeah, that guy over there was getting bounced off of cars by that drunk dude, I saw the whole thing."

Which is way better because the witnesses have nothing to lose, unlike the participants.

I carry a Self-Defense Guideline Card in my wallet with my permit (look it up and print it)

SELF-DEFENSE GUIDELINE CARD

If you have been involved in a shooting incident, the following steps should be taken but only after you are completely certain there is no longer a threat.

1. SECURE THE WEAPON the assailant used. Check yourself for injuries. Make a complete check of the scene, but don't tamper with evidence. If the person shot is no longer a threat, try to help him. Do not talk to him or use abusive language. Don't touch the assailant if he appears to be dead. Don't let anyone else handle any evidence.

2. CALL THE POLICE as soon as possible and ask for emergency medical assistance. Tell them what has taken place, and your location. Don't give too many details of the incident over the phone. Put your weapon away and keep it out of sight. Try to spot the police first and attract them in a non-threatening manner. At first they may treat you like a suspect, especially if you have a weapon. Do as you are told. Do not question or argue with them.

3. CALL YOUR LAWYER. Make no statements to the police or anyone else, until your attorney is present. He should meet you at the scene if possible. Tell him exactly what happened and let him do the talking for you. If you must meet the police by yourself, be sure to not make any statements. Explain to the police politely, but firmly, that you don't want to talk until your attorney arrives. Keep in mind that anything you say will be used against you.

4. MEDICAL: When the paramedics arrive get medical treatment for shock for yourself and any other person involved whether physical injury or not.

5. MEDIA: Stay away from the news media. Never talk or make any statements to them. Let your attorney make any statements for you. The news media has NO authority. You do not have to talk to them.

6. LEGAL ACTIONS: You are justified in using lethal force only if you "feared for your life" or that of another person. Don't apologize for defending yourself. Avoid statements such as "I'm sorry I had to shoot", "I regret the incident happened". Such statements are equated with feelings of guilt. You are remorseful therefore your actions were inappropriate. Such statements can cost you later on in a court of law.

7. STRESS: Persons involved in a shooting face a great amount of stress. Psychological and physical problems, such as sleeplessness, headaches, diarrhea, and heart problems sometimes appear. These are common and affect even trained police officers. If you encounter any of these problems, seek professional help.

I was always told to say that "I will speak with you 30 minutes after I speak with my lawyer." You are telling them that you have no problem talking with you (LEO), but not just yet.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top