JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Young college student is assaulted by a big drunken frat boy who repeatedly slams him into parked cars. Student draws a fixed blade knife and warns frat boy to back off; frat boy doesn't listen and gets stabbed.

Police arrest the student who defended himself and accuse him of first degree assault with a deadly weapon. Student's family hires legal representation to fight the case, and WINS the jury trial - justified self defense, thanks in part to the testimony of several unbiased witnesses who saw the fight.

Drunken frat boy is now threatening a civil lawsuit and still claims it wasn't his fault despite witness testimony.

Moral of the story: doesn't always assume the cops will be on your side if you have to use a weapon to defend your life. Hire a good lawyer, and pray to God that you can track down witnesses who will tell the truth about how you protected yourself.

I know of this personally and the only thing that saved this gentleman was the FACT that he didn't talk, confirmed by his lawyer, cost him about $25,000.00 but kept him from going to prison. Neighbor he'd had problems with before came onto his property, they had a confrontation and he beat the crap out of the guy, was charged with a felony assault and won in court. Keep your mouth shut and also, you be the one to call 911, don't wait for someone else to do it.

The college student got his legal fees awarded by the jury, so the state will pay them. If you are ever involved in a SD event in Washington state, be sure to have your lawyer demand payment when you are exonerated. It's not an automatic thing, you have to ask, or the jury may award it, but if you don't ask, you may not get it at all.

Moral of the story: doesn't always assume the cops will be on your side if you have to use a weapon to defend your life. Hire a good lawyer, and pray to God that you can track down witnesses who will tell the truth about how you protected yourself.

I thought the moral of the story was don't live in liberal cesspools. That's what I got out of it:s0092:

I thought the moral of the story was don't live in liberal cesspools. That's what I got out of it:s0092:
Or don't be a college student mixing it up with drunken frat boys.
Not blaming the "victim", but it kind of sounds like it may have been an avoidable situation since it didn't appear the big drunken frat boy broke into the "victim's" dorm room while he was doing his homework.

My brother is a LEO and that's the first thing he told me.
If you ever get in trouble or have the cops talk to you don't say a word.
Other than, I want a lawyer.
NOT A WORD!

He said probably 70% of people that are charged/convicted incriminated themselves because they said the wrong thing or slipped up talking, got caught lying, etc.

And always be the person to call 911, give the operator as little info as possible.
Don't say I shot someone, say someones been shot, they need medical attention. Please help.
Always get medical attention started. Even if the person's head is a canoe. Please help them!

If no one was there to witness it I would think about just walking away. Had a very well k own attorney tell me "you can kill somebody in a room with 20 witnesses, I can get you off, IF you keep your mouth shut" The more witnesses the better, everyone will have a different version.

If you are ever unfortunate enough to be in something like this, there are only two groups of people allowed to visit you outside of visitation hours: clergy or legal representation. Call one of them first.
In the case of a friend, arrested for drunken assault, the cops were treating him very badly - they kept his cell at 60°F and only allowed him to wear pants and a tee shirt. He was shivering when he called his pastor, who set things right when he got there.
It was his opinion that the point of the cold was to get him to talk.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top