JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry in my pocket a XD-S in a holster, (Galco pocket protector)I wear jeans exclusively since I quit my shirt and tie style job in 2003, so I don't have a lot of variation in pocket shape, size, or placement. I am late to the party in using the pocket as a place for my CC, but it sure seems natural now. I did carry my LC-9 there for awhile during the great XD-S recall. I also experimented with carrying two different J-Frames (.22 Mag and a .38) during that time and I have come to appreciate holsters. Safer and positive position placement for the gun allows you easier access, hides the shape.

I have a friend in California who did not carry in the mid 1980's. He was leaving work, I think for lunch and he saw a car apparently stranded with the hood up, he stopped to offer a hand and was shot three times and left for dead, pickup stolen. The bad guy just shot, no asking nothing as I recall, they caught the guy and my friend survived, he got his pickup back, but he got a permit immediately after getting out of the hospital and carried a .38 for years afterwards, several years back he switched to a KelTec AT3. He liked the KelTec in his pocket better and said it went bang every time. Whenever the idea of someone serious about Concealed Carry comes up, I think of him.

Since some folks haven't handled the various pistols I've mentioned here's a comparison pic.. from the top

Glock G23 40 cal

Star Firestar M43 9MM

Beretta Nano 9MM Slightly smaller than the Firestar, a lot smoother for pocket carry, and a LOT lighter than the steel FS

Ruger LCP .380

NAA 22 revolver

View attachment 74014

The fire star is a highly underrated and unknown pistol to most,nice starvel finish!

I EDC the Sig P938. Never fired the P238 but I have handled it. Think you would be happy with it.
However, if you are not in a hurry... The Remington R51 might fit the bill.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top