JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry in my pocket a XD-S in a holster, (Galco pocket protector)I wear jeans exclusively since I quit my shirt and tie style job in 2003, so I don't have a lot of variation in pocket shape, size, or placement. I am late to the party in using the pocket as a place for my CC, but it sure seems natural now. I did carry my LC-9 there for awhile during the great XD-S recall. I also experimented with carrying two different J-Frames (.22 Mag and a .38) during that time and I have come to appreciate holsters. Safer and positive position placement for the gun allows you easier access, hides the shape.

I have a friend in California who did not carry in the mid 1980's. He was leaving work, I think for lunch and he saw a car apparently stranded with the hood up, he stopped to offer a hand and was shot three times and left for dead, pickup stolen. The bad guy just shot, no asking nothing as I recall, they caught the guy and my friend survived, he got his pickup back, but he got a permit immediately after getting out of the hospital and carried a .38 for years afterwards, several years back he switched to a KelTec AT3. He liked the KelTec in his pocket better and said it went bang every time. Whenever the idea of someone serious about Concealed Carry comes up, I think of him.

Since some folks haven't handled the various pistols I've mentioned here's a comparison pic.. from the top

Glock G23 40 cal

Star Firestar M43 9MM

Beretta Nano 9MM Slightly smaller than the Firestar, a lot smoother for pocket carry, and a LOT lighter than the steel FS

Ruger LCP .380

NAA 22 revolver

View attachment 74014

The fire star is a highly underrated and unknown pistol to most,nice starvel finish!

I EDC the Sig P938. Never fired the P238 but I have handled it. Think you would be happy with it.
However, if you are not in a hurry... The Remington R51 might fit the bill.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top