JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always thought of anything bigger than an LCP as not a real pocket pistol. Something that can comfortably sit in a jeans pocket. Probably with no real sights.

Something flat and small like a Seecamp. No safety, heavy trigger pull.

A P238 is a great gun, but not what I'd define as a pocket gun. Yes, it can go it cargo pants, etc.

A pocket gun being a 'better than nothing' or back up weapon.

The 238 is a fine gun but not the best for CC.

Point #1 it is a single action meaning you have to stop to cock it or carry it cocked which necessitates a holster.

Point #2 it is styled like a mini 1911 and is squared off so it will print in your pocket.

After years of trying different things I settled on the Kel Tek P3AT with a magazine extension and a belt clip.

I can carry it in my front pants pocket and it looks like I have a clip knife. If I am in a situation but not ready to draw I can casually hook my thumb in my pocket and in a non threatening manner I am gripping my gun with no need to shift my grip or put my fingers in my pocket to draw.

If you want a Sig you will be better off with a holster gun instead of a pocket gun. I have a P226 Tac ops and it is the sweetest shooting handgun I have ever used. I will probably never carry it.

Point #1 it is a single action meaning you have to stop to cock it or carry it cocked which necessitates a holster.

Point #2 it is styled like a mini 1911 and is squared off so it will print in your pocket.

After years of trying different things I settled on the Kel Tek P3AT with a magazine extension and a belt clip.

I can carry it in my front pants pocket and it looks like I have a clip knife. If I am in a situation but not ready to draw I can casually hook my thumb in my pocket and in a non threatening manner I am gripping my gun with no need to shift my grip or put my fingers in my pocket to draw.

If you want a Sig you will be better off with a holster gun instead of a pocket gun. I have a P226 Tac ops and it is the sweetest shooting handgun I have ever used. I will probably never carry it.

I'm of the opinion that any loaded gun on the body needs to have the trigger covered which means holster; doesn't matter if it's in the pocket, IWB or OWB.

I sell a ton of the P238 pocket holsters because they do capture the safety which allows cocked and locked carry.

P238.jpg

I'm of the opinion that any loaded gun on the body needs to have the trigger covered which means holster; doesn't matter if it's in the pocket, IWB or OWB.

I sell a ton of the P238 pocket holsters because they do capture the safety which allows cocked and locked carry.

I agree 100% with you. I'm glad you piped in here as I really like the looks of that holster. When I get the P238 you will get an order.

P238.jpg

I supposed that I should have said I do use a holster when I pocket carry my 238. It soft nylon holster with a couple rubber strips sewn in to keep the holster in your pocket when you draw the pistol. The little 238 isn't my primary choice for my CCW, but I do feel better carrying it than nothing...as we all know that pistols in general is a compromise as rifles are not generally acceptable to carry

After 150rds I was glad. To see the slide was easier to work, so was my gal who bought it and she goes in for surgury in abt 1hr for issue that kept her from rackking a slide she is able to do it ez after breaking in the gun.... Ya can just lock da slide back overnite and get the same results.

After shooting hers its time for me to retire my 642 and get one just like hers 938 all the way is my vote . Oh she put a ctc laser on it and uses a flashbang holster sweet set up!

I disagree with your points about the Sig 238/938.
I often carry my Sig 938 in a front pocket holster in condition 1.
Does not print in jeans and is not too heavy for this use.

I own a 238 and love it. I tried several of the mouse guns before settling.
They look fine, sig quality, come with night sights, and sig has a laser available as well.
Metal frame is easy to shoot, swallows recoil up.
The sights are big and easily visible in all light levels.
Carries easy in a pocket holster, diamondback synthetic or leather.
Mags are small and it's easy to throw an extra mag in a pocket too.

I own a 238 and love it. I tried several of the mouse guns before settling.
They look fine, sig quality, come with night sights, and sig has a laser available as well.
Metal frame is easy to shoot, swallows recoil up.
The sights are big and easily visible in all light levels.
Carries easy in a pocket holster, diamondback synthetic or leather.
Mags are small and it's easy to throw an extra mag in a pocket too.

I ordered a P238 Tribal from Bud's on Friday so am anxiously waiting for them to ship.

Nice to see someone from Albany, I was born there and lived at the corner of 4th and Main from 1937 to 1952.

I've carried a M43 Firestar 9MM for decades in my front right jeans pocket (hammer at half cock) but I am switching to the Beretta Nano for my daily BUG because it fits almost anywhere

+100 on Crimson Trace, the Nano is going to get one soon

I've carried a M43 Firestar 9MM for decades in my front right jeans pocket (hammer at half cock) but I am switching to the Beretta Nano for my daily BUG because it fits almost anywhere

+100 on Crimson Trace, the Nano is going to get one soon

I agree on the Crimson Trace but no laser for the P238, I don't need it.

I agree on the Crimson Trace but no laser for the P238, I don't need it.

For me these are BUGs and if they come out it will likely be point blank where the natural activated laser will be useful tool to speed my instinctive firing. My gal has one on her M649 Bodyguard .38 BUG. On full size pistols the only lasers I have are the on/off type, normally off

Sig's 238 gets my vote for a daily carry over my 9mm Shield that I don't pocket carry. The Sig has been a great gun, fun to shoot and very well made from what I can tell. I bought the pearl thinking my wife might like the looks and want it as a carry gun, but intell she trains with it I'm more than happy to keep it warm in my pocket.

Since some folks haven't handled the various pistols I've mentioned here's a comparison pic.. from the top

Glock G23 40 cal

Star Firestar M43 9MM

Beretta Nano 9MM Slightly smaller than the Firestar, a lot smoother for pocket carry, and a LOT lighter than the steel FS

Ruger LCP .380

NAA 22 revolver

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show