JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a bit ... I'm guessing...:D
I do have a few that touch on Daniel Boone's era ... I'll have to post some pics I guess...:D
Here is one... Its a Abraham Schweitzer long rifle from the 1780's or so.
Wish it wasn't converted to percussion ... Oh well.
Andy
View attachment 379261

I understand your feeling on the conversion, but it was a popular thing to do way back when wasn't it?
Major congrats on the Mod tab:)

I understand your feeling on the conversion, but it was a popular thing to do way back when wasn't it?
Major congrats on the Mod tab:)
It was a very popular thing to do ... I have seen many rifles that have been converted.
We have 5 other guns in our collection that have been converted to percussion:
A North West Trade Gun.
A 1803 Harpers Ferry Rifle.
A Georgia made long Rifle.
A Virginia made Long Rifle.
And A Leman Trade Rifle.

We have done a few conversions on new made guns as well.

Many original flintlocks are in fact a re-conversion back to flint after being converted to percussion sometime in the guns working life.
Andy

Another promotion for being moderate. Everyone gets a trophy. :D

Just kidding . Andy you will do great as you have done before the title. So you have to keep a bunch of kids inline. I think you can handle it, and well. That's some vacation. :D

Whoo-hoo! Congrats Andy.... Or maybe condolences for having to put up with all is knotheads beyond just reading our nonsense and then hitting the ignore button :p

So how long until the site is renamed "NW Smoke Poles" ? :rolleyes::p

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads