JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well now ... that might pay more than my regular gig...
Like that line from Don Henley's song Dirty Laundry:
"I could have been an actor , but I wound up here ... I just to look good , I don't have to be clear..."
Andy
Ah yes, the Anthem of the Journalism Profession... :p Oh, you shoulda seen how p*ssed the schmucks around the newsroom where I was embedded used to get when I queued that one up. :)

Yeah ... not to big a clown fan myself.
I actually punched one when I was 10 ... We were at the circus and that damn clown wouldn't leave me alone.
After being told repeatedly to go away and he didn't : POW! right in the nose.:eek:
I do hope he is alright now ...:D
( sorry Boboclown :oops: )
Andy

Some folks pay extra for abuse and flaying ... If you are into those things...:eek::D
Andy
Obviously you're not familiar with what being a Bastard Operator From Hell means... stomping on Lusers and other lower lifeforms isn't "fun," it's the only thing that keeps us from blowing headgaskets from having to clean up the mess from their Too Stupid To Breathe Without Help-ness.

You are correct... Didn't mean to touch a nerve or hit close to home , sorry.
Andy
No offense taken, amigo. :) It's an easy misunderstanding to have, people see the tech skill and MacGyverized dirty tricks and the burying clueless managers in bulls*** and think "oh, that looks fun!"... until they see the level of Stupid that drives you to do those things. "My computer says Press Any Key to Continue, but which one's the Any key?"

For enlightenment and amusement...
The Bastard Operator From Hell Complete
BOFH
BOFH ARCHIVE
Data Centre » BOFH • The Register

Last Edited:
Ahhh... good to know I did not offend! :)
As for high tech computer stuff ... remember that I'm the guy who loves flintlocks and percussion rifles. :D
That said I do enough to not mess around with tech I don't understand or insult those who fix or work on such things...
Andy

But the difference is you're straight up about it... you know your areas of expertise and non-expertise, share the expertise and let those who are stronmg where you are weak lead when you need to venture into such territory.

In RO terms, the BOFH is the guy who when you sweep somebody with a muzzle gives you a pepperball (capsaicin-filled paintball, like Dog Chapman uses) in the back of the head,or who jiggers your clay pigeon with Tannerite on the trap range.

This thread got me thinking. If you call muzzle loading black powder rifles "Smoke Poles" what do I call my 11 muzzle loading black powder revolvers? "Smoke Stubs, Smoke Shorts or ?". Slightly off of kilter inquiring minds would like to know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top