JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a bit ... I'm guessing...:D
I do have a few that touch on Daniel Boone's era ... I'll have to post some pics I guess...:D
Here is one... Its a Abraham Schweitzer long rifle from the 1780's or so.
Wish it wasn't converted to percussion ... Oh well.
Andy
View attachment 379261

I understand your feeling on the conversion, but it was a popular thing to do way back when wasn't it?
Major congrats on the Mod tab:)

I understand your feeling on the conversion, but it was a popular thing to do way back when wasn't it?
Major congrats on the Mod tab:)
It was a very popular thing to do ... I have seen many rifles that have been converted.
We have 5 other guns in our collection that have been converted to percussion:
A North West Trade Gun.
A 1803 Harpers Ferry Rifle.
A Georgia made long Rifle.
A Virginia made Long Rifle.
And A Leman Trade Rifle.

We have done a few conversions on new made guns as well.

Many original flintlocks are in fact a re-conversion back to flint after being converted to percussion sometime in the guns working life.
Andy

Another promotion for being moderate. Everyone gets a trophy. :D

Just kidding . Andy you will do great as you have done before the title. So you have to keep a bunch of kids inline. I think you can handle it, and well. That's some vacation. :D

Whoo-hoo! Congrats Andy.... Or maybe condolences for having to put up with all is knotheads beyond just reading our nonsense and then hitting the ignore button :p

So how long until the site is renamed "NW Smoke Poles" ? :rolleyes::p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads