JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This year we aren't doing any gifts! We all decided that we do something special together and give back. So we are going to Arizona tomorrow and on Christmas morning we are serving food at a homeless shelter to the needy. Can't think of a better way to spend time with my kids.:)

Uhhh...Your kids are at a Homeless Shelter in Arizona.:eek: Sorry to hear about that.;)

The Devil made me say that...:confused::p

For my Bride it's a gift card to her fav shoe store! For the kids when they were kids, I did the shopping WAY ahead of time and stashed it at my folks house all wrapped up and ready to go, that way if I was deployed and couldn't be home, it was always taken care of. Now days, we focus on the holiday as a relaxing time and don't do much in the way of gifts for each other, instead we spend our time cooking, baking, and other things to get ready for the meals and the parties!

I actually gave my boys each the most significant gift I have ever given. My youngest boy is buying a house and to help him out with the down payment. Of course I felt like i had to give a matching gift to my other son. In the end what I gave them is about a third of what my first house cost. On the one hand I feel good being able to help them out and do something significant for them. On the other hand they are in their early 20's and at that age I didn't appreciate anything.
o_O

I actually gave my boys each the most significant gift I have ever given. My youngest boy is buying a house and to help him out with the down payment. Of course I felt like i had to give a matching gift to my other son. In the end what I gave them is about a third of what my first house cost. On the one hand I feel good being able to help them out and do something significant for them. On the other hand they are in their early 20's and at that age I didn't appreciate anything.
o_O
Trust me I got this same gift on my first house from my in laws (I was 27) and I thought it was the second best gift I ever got from them. First was my wife. They appreciate it. Merry Christmas man!

o_O
They will come to see it as how much it was in time. Especially when they have kids their age and look back on it. Now that my Dad is long gone I still find it amazing how wise he was. Sad that when young I thought he knew nothing. :confused:

I'll be "checking the backs of my eyelids" on Sunday morning. No family, no friends, no people, no bother. It's just a winter Sunday morning.

Dang it Captain O!! You're beginning to sound like "old No Hope Michelle" :p

No Hope.jpg

Dang it Captain O!! You're beginning to sound like "old No Hope Michelle" :p

View attachment 330527

Sorry, but no. I'm not unhappy. I simply set more in store by Easter (The death burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ from which our salvation is derived).

The birth of Jesus was important... at the time! There isn't any Scripture in the New Testament that illustrates the celebration of Christ's birth after the initial accounting of the event. It was manufactured/orchestrated by the Catholic Church. The 71 years of commercialization of "Christmas" has been done largely to reemploy WW2 Veterans. It has increased every year thereafter to increase the Gross National Product (even during recessions) and ultimately, national revenues.

Last Edited:
Another Amazon shopper here! And I just gift wrap the boxes they shipped in!
Now with the gift cards it's a boon to my family! They get those for me!:D

I beg my wife to just get me a gift card but it never happens. then I have to learn to like the new pajama pants she buys me. I never had pajamas till I got married

Just say "no" to Christmas. I've been doing it for several years now and couldn't be happier. Fair warning though...society does not tolerate anti Christmas people very well. They will refer to you as "Scrooge," and other such names. But this is why god gave you a middle finger. Don't be afraid to use it when needed.

Merry Christmas. :rolleyes:

My wife bought enough for our kids so I didn't have to.

I bought her a couple pairs of tight pants, and a gift card for a couple manicures, pedicures, and a massage.

I'm terrible at buying people stuff or caring too.
I'm not a holiday/special occasion guy.
I'm an emotionless SOB

My finger is tired....ALL of you should take a couple of "likes", AT LEAST, out of petty cash!

I told Wifey the other night that either I have something seriously wrong with me because I can't jump on ol' "Amazon Prime and click on a bunch of bubblegum for a bunch of people.....(I have a need to get someone a gift that they REALLY need/want.) OR, I'm just a cold hearted selfish bastage!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top