JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When my little brother became an adult he made it his Christmas tradition to call and see if I would drive him to some stores; it started on a snowy Christmas Eve because he wasn't a great driver, I said yes , then he called every year after to see if I "wanted" to go help him shop on the day of Christmas Eve.

I finally started saying no - bare shelves and leftovers are crap presents and there are a ton of people roaming and driving around.

He all of a sudden started shopping earlier after that lol:D.

I feel yourn pain man:( - haven't bought my wife anything yet and not sure what to with limited resources; have to make her exit check from the last job last till the 10th not the 1st like we had hoped...

ON LINE! I have ALWAYS hated shopping anyway. When it gets crowded it makes my Blood Pressure spike. The crowds along with the temp help is too much for me. Last time I shopped on Black Friday was at least 10 years ago. Wife needed a new laptop as did one kid. Waited till about noon, thinking crowds would be down and went to a Best Buy. Mob scene. I had to park like a half mile from the door. When I get in I was shocked the Fire Marshal was not there telling them they could not let more in. No one buying,just looking. Found laptop, had some kid at my elbow promptly. Said you have? He comes back yes. I said take 2. He looked shocked for a second then ran to get them. Took longer to get to the registers than it did to pay do to the crowds. Then felt like I needed to call a cab to get back to my car. :confused:
NEVER again. I don't care if they are giving the damn things away for a dollar. I will not do that again. :(

I've figured out the best way to do holiday shopping. Unless someone asks for a specific item (no one ever does) I will just get them gift cards. Lowes hardware has a rack with cards for every possible place you can think of. Bought cabelas, rei, Amazon, and a couple pre-paid use em anywhere visas.
Throw em in a card with a thoughtful letter and done!
That way everyone gets something they like and can use.
The pile of toys for the young 'uns is another story, but usually taken care of well in advance anyways.
The best part about buying the cards at lowes is that I can write off the cost as an equipment/materials expense!

I've figured out the best way to do holiday shopping. Unless someone asks for a specific item (no one ever does) I will just get them gift cards. Lowes hardware has a rack with cards for every possible place you can think of. Bought cabelas, rei, Amazon, and a couple pre-paid use em anywhere visas.
Throw em in a card with a thoughtful letter and done!
That way everyone gets something they like and can use.
The pile of toys for the young 'uns is another story, but usually taken care of well in advance anyways.
The best part about buying the cards at lowes is that I can write off the cost as an equipment/materials expense!
When I was a kid my hands down favorite gift was cash. Many seem to see it as "not personal and such". To me nothing they could get me thrilled me as much as some green in an envelope so I could buy what I wanted. After adulthood I have long lost track of the number of gifts that were re gifted or just donated.

It's taken me 23 years working on my wife and I have her down to the bare minimum she can handle; considering where she started out, everyone including cousins, it's a lot better and I can deal with it.

I wish I heard more about your technique 2 months ago :s0113: Mine is still at stage 1...and then we have to ship everything 8000 miles by November to get it there in time.....:s0001:

I wish that Amazon drone had better batteries.

This year we aren't doing any gifts! We all decided that we do something special together and give back. So we are going to Arizona tomorrow and on Christmas morning we are serving food at a homeless shelter to the needy. Can't think of a better way to spend time with my kids.:)

I wish I heard more about your technique 2 months ago :s0113: Mine is still at stage 1...and then we have to ship everything 8000 miles by November to get it there in time.....:s0001:

I wish that Amazon drone had better batteries.

B!tching yearly about how much money Christmas was costing us and what other things we could do with it to improve our lives, like home improvements etc.

Then repeat for 23 years...:confused:

For the first few years I was married I got my wife jewelry. After about a month or so she would just put it in her jewelry box. So on year 3 I asker what she wanted she said something shinny. I went strait to the gun shop and picked up a Ruger sp101 in 357. The next year she was more clear with her hints haha.

Buying gifts during the year has it's drawbacks.
A few years ago my wife bought one of the kids a gift in July and hid it. She couldn't find it until the next March . . . Let that be a lesson for you!

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads