JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems that several times a week I see some pro-gun quote posted on social media that is incorrectly attributed to an anti-gun activist/politician/et. al.

I also see quotes from founding fathers and other respected figure supporting gun rights - often incorrectly.

Do your homework. Don't blindly paste some quote/meme/etc. - check it out, google it, check snopes, etc.

abraham-lincoln-quote-internet-hoax-fake.jpg

When you post some fake quote, an urban myth, etc., you hurt your credibility and it reflects on our cause. I hate having to correct people publicly, but it is necessary.

Some say "well, he would have said it" or "it makes the point whether it is true or not". No - no it doesn't. We need to fight lies with the truth, not more lies.

Last Edited:
Agreed. I've held back posting some great stuff, only to find out before I posted it, that the quote was either misattributed or were just never said at all. And yes, that is frustrating because any potential for a positive message for gun owners ends up being lost when someone finds out that what they think was said, never was said.

...keeping in mind Snopes ain't exactly unbiased... o_O

But yeah. The easy thing to do is just to drop the quote (or at least a fraction of it) into google or some other search engine. It will become plain soon enough whether it is legitimate or not.

Great message. There is nothing more annoying than reading something and then find out it really isn't true. I've been caught a few times passing out information and when I actually checked it out, find out it was bogus.

Too late. I don't trust anything I read on the Internet any more and gun websites are some of the worst. Too many self-appointed experts that shoot one hole groups all day long.

One-hole groups, one whole group, or groups-of-one holes? Never can tell sometimes with the spelling (on some of those OTHER sites). :s0114: I think you quoted Abraham Drinkin'!

-edited to add emphasis that I'm not accusing anyone here of poor spelling or being a grammar-nazi.

This is an example - a buddy of mine posted this to FB recently:

n-realizes-that-nobody-else-is-armed-he-will-lay-down-his-weapons-and-dianne-feinstein-102-84-89.jpg

Only, she never said this.

Not only do I wish people wouldn't spread these false quotes around, it would be even better if people didn't make them up to start with.

I have to wonder about the people who make them up (or otherwise misattribute or misquote) - are they trying to make use look stupid and like liars? Because they are succeeding.

Now a days with internet any one can call them selves a reporter and people will submit to what ever news that they like to hear weather its wrong or right.

And you can quote me as saying that and because I said it on the internet it must be true.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top