JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at Rickreall today and bought a box of .38 special ammo,made by USAC in Washington and when I got home I opened it up and the cases are PLASTIC! it came with a little booklet showing how to RELOAD these.
Anybody ever hear of this?

I have heard of plastic cased PRACTICE type ammo. You load them with a PRIMER only, and a rubber 'bullet'. I actually have some of these in .38 Special. They are pretty old, and were made by SPEER. Neat item.

I can't imagine them being 'real' full power loads though. BE CAREFUL with what you have!!!

as30815.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwpwnGDGspc

I have had a few boxes of those 38s. They date back a while but they are quality ammo for practice. I never had any issues with any of it and probably ran 1000 rounds of the stuff through my various guns. I believe it was meant as cheap practice ammo when it was introduced. I would pass on it for carry ammo as I like newer brass cased stuff for that but that's me :)

Thats what I figured. It must have been made for practice, its a 158grn. FMJ but loaded down. It came with loading instructions and recommended lower amounts of powders compared to similar brass type ammo.
Its interesting that theres no sizing involved in reloading, and the bullet is pressed down until it "snaps" in place.

I shot quite a few of those after reloading them,I'll bet it's been 25 years ago.shot fine,reloaded fine.
I have a case of the 12 guage Activ shells in the shop,they shot and reloaded fine also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top