JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In what way?

-E-
Not OP, but it is great we all get "free" SBRs, but 120 days later braces are a thing of the past. Hope you (or your kids) don't ever want another braced pistol, because you won't get one. Long term, this is a big loss for the 2A community.

Curious how this works with pistol chassis? say the caa mck. there's no registering the chassis as there is no serial number so what you have to register the handgun as a sbr?
Yep

18E5225D-2A0E-4427-AED7-4E997F33C1BF.jpeg

The same guys claimin that drivel will be saying how right they were 5 years from now when a few million people got free stamps , except them. And no one got charged for anything.
It is an interesting situation. I hadn't planned on paying for a tax stamp SBR, but have several qualifying pistols, expect I'm on more lists already than I'd prefer so I will probably do 1 or 2.

14. IF MY SBR IS MADE AFTER THE DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THE FINAL RULE, CAN I STILL REGISTER IT AS AN SBR FOR FREE DURING THE TAX FORBEARANCE PERIOD?

• No. The registration options available to a possessor of such firearm applies to those possessed on the effective date of the final rule.

Better get your braced SBR's assembled this weekend!!! :D

-E-
Yet how do you prove it? Still reading through this 300 page dumpster fire... haven't gotten to that point yet.

and when carrying the pistol outside of the chassis it's magically just a pistol again? would it be legal at that point to carry it concealed and loaded or is it a rifle?
Not magically but yeah. SBR's are only SBR's when they have a stock AND a short barrel. Yes. Its a pistol again

This is what is written on the new Form 1 application. When you load this application, it auto fills the tax-exempt check box. Also is states photographs may be required as additional supporting documentation.

"Tax Exempt. Firearm is not subject to the making tax pursuant to Title 26 U.S.C. §§ 7801, 7805. To confirm the application qualifies for tax-free registration, ATF may require additional supporting documentation, such as photographs of the firearm to be registered."

-E-

Not magically but yeah. SBR's are only SBR's when they have a stock AND a short barrel. Yes. Its a pistol again
Doesn't have to be a stock and a short barrel.
It can be a short barrel and a vertical foregrip as well or
both stock and vertical foregrip to make it an SBR.
Current rule as far as I understand is if it has a short barrel and a stock and/or vertical foregrip than it's an SBR. Soon any short barrel so that will suck.

Doesn't have to be a stock and a short barrel.
It can be a short barrel and a vertical foregrip as well or
both stock and vertical foregrip to make it an SBR.
Current rule as far as I understand is if it has a short barrel and/or a stock and/or vertical foregrip than it's an SBR. Soon any short barrel so that will suck.
That too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top