Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pin Fire Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by umpquabob, May 17, 2009.

1. umpquabob

umpquabob Oregon New Member

Does anyone know where to get pin fire ammo. It was used in the 1800's on certain firearms. A friend asked me to find some if possible. Thanks.

2. theduke

theduke NW Member

What cal I know some guys w/oddball old stuff. Dan

3. umpquabob

umpquabob Oregon New Member

The senior gent thinks it's 9 mm pin fire ammo. He is going to either bring me the pistol or call with the manufacturer info. I will re-post when he does. Thanks.

4. Uber_Noob

Uber_Noob Clackamas Member

5. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

One of my gun mags had an article on pinfires and their ammo. G&A, I think. I'll see if I can find the mag. Apparently someone is making supplies to load your own, as the cases are re loadable.

6. bwells

bwells Longview Member

Yeah, it was G&A a month or so ago. If I remember right, that guy made his on cases out of standard pistol brass using black powder percussion caps.

7. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

He did make his own but I believe there was a company listed that had cases that were already modified to use percussion caps. I can't seem to find that mag in my pile though.

8. bwells

bwells Longview Member

Just looked at the article again. The company he listed looks to be the one listed above, but the link in the mag didn't work.