JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stumbled across this way of drying out my shell casings after they come out of the tumbler soaking wet.

I had this carpet/floor dryer sitting in the garage, I had only used it once when my washing machine overflowed.

I needed some shells to be dried out quickly one day, and I tried this. It works excellent & fast!

Bought it on the cheap at Harbor Freight.

Thought I would pass along this tip to forum members, it might be helpful.

20220307_155529[1].jpg

I stumbled across this way of drying out my shell casings after they come out of the tumbler soaking wet.

I had this carpet/floor dryer sitting in the garage, I had only used it once when my washing machine overflowed.

I needed some shells to be dried out quickly one day, and I tried this. It works excellent & fast!

Bought it on the cheap at Harbor Freight.

Thought I would pass along this tip to forum members, it might be helpful.

View attachment 1148427
I use a hair dryer or oven what I need to dry mine quick though cleaning pads(i.e. qtips) work good too in a pinch.

I use a media separator and then dump them on a towel and dry them further. There are a couple different ones. Here's one of them. If it's summer time, I put them on cookie sheets and set them out in the sun. Can also put them in the oven at 200 for about a half hour.

Nice thing about this forum is you see all sorts of different ways to do something.

I use a cheap food dehydrator that we had around for years and didn't use anymore. It holds about the same amount of brass as the Frankford Arsenal tumbler, and works well.

I put mine in an old baking pan with a towel and set it on a 'trivet' on the edge of my wood stove.

I once set the same pan & brass on top of one of my furnace vents and it dried the brass very quickly as well!

The way I do it sometimes if it's really cold, I have an old electric blanket, the good ones that are thick. I run my wet cleaned brass through the media separator to get as much of the water out as possible and then I put it on the blanket use a towel to dry it as much as possible, fold it over on top of the brass (think burrito) then leave it on medium heat over night, it is always dry when n the morning

I buy & sell lots of range brass and wet tumble all of it before it goes to new homes.
I made drying racks, hang them up side down and let them drain & dry. I get to check all of the cases for any damaged cases, I get an accurate count on cases and let nature take care of the rest.
My cases are always 100% dry, guaranteed.
I have enough racks to hold around 5,000 pieces of brass and I have two Frankford wet tumblers.

20220220_162219.jpg

Like others here, I roll them on a towel, then dump them in a shallow pan and shove em into the oven @ 200 deg for 1/2 hr.

Rolling them on the towel first helps to eliminate water spots.

Water spots on brass really decreases the BC of the bullet…….

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews