JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once the rain started, we got loads of them here on my property. Unfortunately, I don't find myself competent to identify them well enough to know what we've got. The shaggy manes are fairly easy. I know what golden chanterelles and morels look like but we don't have those.

There is one pretty large kind of mushroom that has come up this year that I don't remember seeing previously. They really have to push the earth aside to come up.

PA180231.JPG PA180232.JPG PA180237.JPG PA180238.JPG

The caps are about five or six inches across, the stems are about one and a half inches thick. Anybody know this species?

We've also got some bracket fungi on old stumps that might be edible but they are rock hard.

Once the rain started, we got loads of them here on my property. Unfortunately, I don't find myself competent to identify them well enough to know what we've got. The shaggy manes are fairly easy. I know what golden chanterelles and morels look like but we don't have those.

There is one pretty large kind of mushroom that has come up this year that I don't remember seeing previously. They really have to push the earth aside to come up.

View attachment 1743573View attachment 1743575View attachment 1743576View attachment 1743577

The caps are about five or six inches across, the stems are about one and a half inches thick. Anybody know this species?

We've also got some bracket fungi on old stumps that might be edible but they are rock hard.
Probably invest in a good mushroom book. I only pic the common ones.....I'm afraid I'd go on a trip and never come back...or worse shat my pants in public!

Probably invest in a good mushroom book.
I've been reviewing the images online, I didn't see any that resembles the large ones I've shown in my post above.

I've got several bird books, but correctly identifying the little ones that flit around in the bushes is still a challenge.

Re. mushrooms, fact is I don't really like them all that much as food. I've eaten them (sauteed in butter or not at all) many times over the years, they go well with a steak. But I'm not fond enough of them to take any chances on self-gathered ones.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top