JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shot in the buttocks? Sounds sketchy
If the authorities deem it justified,
  • These kids will never see jail time
  • Their families will sue because, well, how else is a kid supposed to get ahead nowadays
  • The three will pack heat for the next time

It depends.

If the victim was being attacked while sitting (highly likely) and the attackers were standing (also highly likely), I can easily see them getting shot below the waist.
I was thinking the exact same thing. All of them were hit low. He claims he was seated and attacked. It's why I suspect we will never be allowed to see the video. Suspect he was seated and these scum who have done this before and gotten away with it, picked the wrong "victim" this time.

Should be very easy to sort out and looks pretty cut and dty to me. Kids mugging/attacking another person. 3 witnesses. Shooter cooperating with police. Shooter had permit Shooter probably did the kids a huge service by shooting in legs to stop the attack vs shooting vitals.

RVTECH beat me to it.
I bet those vicious little twerps were real surprised when Bernie opened fire. :D
His mistake was turning himself in. If he had just sat tight and kept his mouth shut he would probably never have been caught.

When do we get to see the childhood photos of the attackers compared to the worst mugshot they could find of the guy who defended himself?

Were these boys about to go to college too?

His mistake was turning himself in.
AND hie made the mistake of shooting one of the little twerps in the back as he turned to run away.

I'll never forget the statement from one of the boys at the time:

'Awl wee waz wantin' waz som qwotas 'fo video gamz'

Last Edited:
RVTECH beat me to it.
I bet those vicious little twerps were real surprised when Bernie opened fire. :D
His mistake was turning himself in. If he had just sat tight and kept his mouth shut he would probably never have been caught.
Sadly, many of those buses are video recorded these days. Nothing is done in the shadows anymore these days. Speaking of which, did they not have a recording of this inicident on a public city bus? Those are some of the most enjoyed youtube videos on the web, bus fights..

Sadly, many of those buses are video recorded these days. Nothing is done in the shadows anymore these days. Speaking of which, did they not have a recording of this inicident on a public city bus? Those are some of the most enjoyed youtube videos on the web, bus fights..
The original story said there is video. So far I have seen nothing since. That makes me think it is just as he claimed so of course the "news" is now no longer interested.

I thought this was interesting, the shipped the two right leg wounds to one hospital, and the left leg wound to another.

Authorities said those wounded were 15, 16 and 17 years old. The 15-year-old was shot in his right thigh and buttocks, while the 17-year-old was shot in his right knee. They were both taken to Einstein Medical Hospital.

The 16-year-old was shot in his left thigh and was taken to Jefferson Torresdale Hospital.

They don't say where in the butt the one was shot (could have been the side, could have been square on), but I could see that happening in a double-tap situation if everything is in motion. It's a problem of course if the attacker was retreating though.

Today everything is on camera. Mr. Goetz handed out the failing grades in Victim Selection 101 on 12/22/84, before the onset of Universal Snoopery.
If he had held his mud and actually MADE them find him and prove it he would more likely than not have gotten away with it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top