JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Re. the packaging issue, why not give the gun a try and see if it satisfies? If not, return it. As already stated above, their return policy is such that you can do this.

Amazon has a separate site that sells "less than new in box" stuff at moderate discount. Mostly this merchandise consists of items above a certain dollar value that are deemed worthy of recovery. The amount of lesser value stuff that Amazon sells in bulk for next to nothing is remarkable.
Interesting. I did not know that. Good advice, though.

Here's the special magic number for Amazon Direct Services, which gives you a real person:
1-888-280-4331. Its handy if the situation doesn't fit their ordinary complaint categories. Returning an item with out knowing whether it was damaged because the box was opened might be such a situation. I called to report that I was getting other peoples stuff delivered to my home. No category for that in the delivery complaint section. Took quite a while to reach a real person, who gave me the magic number if I had any other problems.
Invaluable. I just saved the number. THANK YOU. // duplicate - I think I put my initial reply in the wrong place

I've read horror stories about AMZN selling damaged returned goods as new. This ripped-open box sure makes me wonder. I'm tempted to return it and buy the gun from a legitimate outlet like AirGun Depot. Any thoughts or similar AMZN experiences?
BIG THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO REPLIED. Hugely helpful - plus education and fun! No other site that I know of like this one.

Well first Amazon. How did you pay? If you paid the smart way, with a credit card? You are gold. Tell Amazon you got a damaged item and want to return it. They will offer you several ways to get the item returned to them. Did the gun come from Amazon or some dealer using Amazon? If it was a 3d party Amazon "may" try to get you to deal with the seller. You should try and if there is any hassle next stop is dispute the charge. Magically all will be fixed fast.
I have 2 PCP air guns and both came from Amazon and were actually sold by Amazon with no problems.

Now Air Gun Depot. When I found out they made 32 round mags for the .30 air gun I wanted to try them. Air Gun Depot said they had some and I ordered. For weeks they kept stalling and I gave up and canceled. Then Amazon pops up with them for sale and a lot cheaper.

Now as far as CO2. I have had a few over the years and they were fun but, I have never had or seen one that could be left loaded. They all leaked. So you could only charge them when you were ready to use them. Both PCP's I have you charge them and they stay charged. If there is enough room for you to safely shoot and not hit the neighbors with a miss many of the air guns will be fine. If the neighbor is so close they would be able to hear the sound and know what it was they are too close for you to be doing this.

Here's the special magic number for Amazon Direct Services, which gives you a real person:
1-888-280-4331. Its handy if the situation doesn't fit their ordinary complaint categories. Returning an item with out knowing whether it was damaged because the box was opened might be such a situation. I called to report that I was getting other peoples stuff delivered to my home. No category for that in the delivery complaint section. Took quite a while to reach a real person, who gave me the magic number if I had any other problems.
I saved the number also.
Thank you

Amazon typically has a great return policy and it is very easy to do. Return it and get another, even from Amazon. Done.
This. Even better, take it to an authorized Amazon return site (like Kohl's) and you don't even need to box it up. Just leave it with them.

Amazon is just a big distro. People are A-holes and put used/damaged merch back into the system (or even counterfeit)…Amazon knows this - which is generally why their returns are so damn easy. They want you to try again and keep coming back for more.

This. Even better, take it to an authorized Amazon return site (like Kohl's) and you don't even need to box it up. Just leave it with them.

Amazon is just a big distro. People are A-holes and put used/damaged merch back into the system (or even counterfeit)…Amazon knows this - which is generally why their returns are so damn easy. They want you to try again and keep coming back for more.
Since we use Amazon almost daily we have returns many times a year. So far every time I go to account it offers several options. Kohl's has always been one. Wife tried them at least one time but not again only due to where the closest one is to us. They always offer free come to my home to pick up but have not tried that yet. There is one of those strip mall UPS places so close to me I could walk there so its what I have always used. Some stuff they send me a code so I just take it in, let the store scan the code, the store prints a label and takes over. Some Amazon asks me to print a label and put it on a box and take it that way. Works for me as we have a ton of empty boxes to recycle all the time. Those hand to the person at the counter, they scan it and hand me a receipt. By the time I get back to my car Amazon has told me they gave my money back. They do sell a few things they say can not be returned. Last one I bought that said that was so long ago can't remember what it was any more. Bought 2 of those jump boxes that have a sealed lead acid battery in them a few weeks ago and even those are returnable. Couple times I had something they just told me they did not want to bother with paying to get back and told me to keep it free.
I have one time had them try to stall me on something that some 3d party sold using them. I did not even notice this when I bought it. Came to me dead on arrival. I tried to return and Amazon told me sorry the seller will have to make it right. I tried, seller ignored me. So I did a charge back. That day get a nice note from Amazon saying "did we do something to make you mad?" After a couple e-mail exchanges they gave my money back and told me to just keep the item.
So bottom line I do not like what Jeff does with a lot of his money and even tried to not support him for a while. Just decided only one I was hurting was me. Amazon is just too damn easy and safe.

I've had terrible luck with CO2 guns- they all LEAK and drain the cartridges. A pump or spring-cock gun doesn't. The semi-auto function is great, but that leaky CO2 just doesnt cut it with me. Also CO2 is much less powerful (depending on model I suppose but IME)..
Was this recently? Because they've gotten pretty amazing in the last few years. There are probably still cheap ones out there that are poorly made but the name brands are reliable.

Was this recently? Because they've gotten pretty amazing in the last few years. There are probably still cheap ones out there that are poorly made but the name brands are reliable.
All of mine were LONG ago. I would not be surprised at all if the manufacturing has come a LONG way. Making it easier for them to make much better quality cheaper now. If I had not stumbled onto PCP's I would most likely have ended up with at least one CO2 again. I damn near bought one that was a select fire and looked like a ton of damn fun a good while back. Only reason I did not was I found the co that made them really dropped the ball on the design of the mags. Then some a$$hat here told me about the select fire PCP's Hatsan makes :D
After a while I could not stand it any more and had to buy one. That FAR cheaper CO2 rifle that uses BB's looks like it too would be one hell of a lot of cheap fun if they just had not screwed up so badly on the mags for them.

My 2 cents on CO2 are that in general power is less than PCP or springers. But I know they make ones that run on bulk co2 like Benjamin discovery which can be run on either CO2 or PCP. I have never used bulk co2 guns.

The one thing you have to be very mindful of with CO2 is temperature. Each shot will cool the gun for a period of time (not all that long) and the next shot will have less power due to lower temps if you don't let temps normalize. Lower temp = different point of impact (POI). Also shooting in cooler vs hot weather the POI will change. Basically if you shoot rapid fire the cooling will affect the shots a lot. But pausing for a bit in between shots the effect is minimal to none. I have co2 bb machine gun and the shot strings drop as you get about half way through the 52 shot mag but that is just a spray and pray toy anyway. I would suggest just checking the poi if using in different temps. I used to let gun sit in sun to help create max power.

Re leaks I have never had an issue and have had co2 cartridges in for years in some cases for guns I rarely shoot with no leaks. Imo it's Critical to put a drop or 2 of Pell gun oil on the tip of the co2 cartridge every time before installing. That keeps seals lubricated. There may be other silicone based oils that work such as rws chamber oil but I've always used Pell gun oil. Never use petroleum based lubes.

Since we use Amazon almost daily we have returns many times a year. So far every time I go to account it offers several options. Kohl's has always been one. Wife tried them at least one time but not again only due to where the closest one is to us. They always offer free come to my home to pick up but have not tried that yet. There is one of those strip mall UPS places so close to me I could walk there so its what I have always used. Some stuff they send me a code so I just take it in, let the store scan the code, the store prints a label and takes over. Some Amazon asks me to print a label and put it on a box and take it that way. Works for me as we have a ton of empty boxes to recycle all the time. Those hand to the person at the counter, they scan it and hand me a receipt. By the time I get back to my car Amazon has told me they gave my money back. They do sell a few things they say can not be returned. Last one I bought that said that was so long ago can't remember what it was any more. Bought 2 of those jump boxes that have a sealed lead acid battery in them a few weeks ago and even those are returnable. Couple times I had something they just told me they did not want to bother with paying to get back and told me to keep it free.
I have one time had them try to stall me on something that some 3d party sold using them. I did not even notice this when I bought it. Came to me dead on arrival. I tried to return and Amazon told me sorry the seller will have to make it right. I tried, seller ignored me. So I did a charge back. That day get a nice note from Amazon saying "did we do something to make you mad?" After a couple e-mail exchanges they gave my money back and told me to just keep the item.
So bottom line I do not like what Jeff does with a lot of his money and even tried to not support him for a while. Just decided only one I was hurting was me. Amazon is just too damn easy and safe.
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to share your experience. Very helpful.

Just remember, C02 guns tend to loose power in cold weather, or after repeated shots.
Thanks. The Umarex CO2 gun just arrived. Clearly overkill for shooting backyard squirrels as quietly as possible. Internet posts suggest that even the Red Ryder lever-action that I owned as a kid would work. The Umarex clocks at 700 fps. Probably need a lot less. We're talking 10 yard shots.

Internet posts suggest that even the Red Ryder lever-action that I owned as a kid would work.
IMHO, there is a very big difference between "it's possible" and "reliable and humane" kills. With most in that class you'll injure or maim a whole lot more than you'll kill... cleanly. It's an absolute no go in my book... no matter what the internet warrior guru's claim.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top