Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

P239 in 357 SIG, Barrel Swap Question

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by theLEMband, Dec 10, 2009.

1. theLEMband

theLEMband Southeast WA Member

I've been looking for a P239 in 357 SIG; but, they aren't too plentiful in that caliber. So, I thought I would pick one up in .40 and do a barrel swap.
    Has anyone done this? Were the sights good without adjustment?
    Thanks,

2. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

I have done many of these type of conversions , Not on a 239 , But many different 229's and other makes and Models...Now days most are a drop in conversion...Sight alignment-?...At the distance most people shoot hand guns you will not see much of a change , but get a bit further out you will see the difference... 357 Sig has much more velocity , A lot less trajectory...

3. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Be aware that the Sig manual specifically states you can change the barrels to change caliber (between .40 and .357) but you MUST use .357 magazines with a .357 barrel and .40 magazines with the .40 barrel. They might just say this to sell you more $50 magazines.:laugh:

I've got a P239 in .357 and like it a lot but I'm thinking about going the other way (.357 to .40) just for practice rounds, I'm leery about shooting my .357 as I might now be able to find more.:paranoid:

4. theLEMband

theLEMband Southeast WA Member

Thanks for the info.

Cycle, what type of trigger do you have. I'm trying to find out what people think about the DAK.

5. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

I don't have the DAK.

6. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

I use my 40 mags in my 229 and they worked just fine with the .357 sig bbl

7. TMan1911

TMan1911 NE Member

One of the fastest hand gun caliber totally accurate, plenty take down power. I feel one of the best round one can shoot. Swapping the barrel I thought @ this called Sig answered yes can be done buy original parts of course. Fitting is my concern and if it was design and fit originally for a particular slide one should run some test before actual firing in different barrel. I drop in the 40 s&w but never actually fired, a little reservation. I worry @ cambering feeding... I do understand 357 sig is neck down 40 as I do reload.

8. TMan1911

TMan1911 NE Member

357 clock in @ 1200-1350 feet per second accuracy I have o issue. I would venture to take a shot clear beyond 80 yards