JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have done many of these type of conversions , Not on a 239 , But many different 229's and other makes and Models...Now days most are a drop in conversion...Sight alignment-?...At the distance most people shoot hand guns you will not see much of a change , but get a bit further out you will see the difference... 357 Sig has much more velocity , A lot less trajectory...

Be aware that the Sig manual specifically states you can change the barrels to change caliber (between .40 and .357) but you MUST use .357 magazines with a .357 barrel and .40 magazines with the .40 barrel. They might just say this to sell you more $50 magazines.:s0114:

I've got a P239 in .357 and like it a lot but I'm thinking about going the other way (.357 to .40) just for practice rounds, I'm leery about shooting my .357 as I might now be able to find more.:s0131:

One of the fastest hand gun caliber totally accurate, plenty take down power. I feel one of the best round one can shoot. Swapping the barrel I thought @ this called Sig answered yes can be done buy original parts of course. Fitting is my concern and if it was design and fit originally for a particular slide one should run some test before actual firing in different barrel. I drop in the 40 s&w but never actually fired, a little reservation. I worry @ cambering feeding... I do understand 357 sig is neck down 40 as I do reload.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top