JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know what it is and have done a due diligence internet search. So what say you that own and shoot the 357 Sig? I'm thinking of adding it to my line up of the calibers I make for sale and getting a Glock 32 to use a a text fixture. I know I can get a drop in barrel for my G-22 but the correct number of guns is just one more plus I want separate guns for separate purposes.

It's a great cartridge. Very fast, definitely snappy. Shooting .357 and .40 side by side I can tell the difference and the .357 hits back at the shooter just a little harder. The tricky part of reloading it is that there is very, very little neck to work with and carbide dies are unobtanium. I don't want to lube every case like I'm loading for a rifle so what I do is size with a carbide .40 die (no expander), then size again with a .357 sig standard die. Haven't gotten a stuck case yet, though it does add a step to the process.

If you would like, I could loan you my alpha wolf .357 barrel I've used in my gen 3 Glock 35. Should fit your 22 with a little barrel sticking out. Try before you buy kind of thing.

I changed my barrel out on my m&p 40 to 357 sig and never went back. I also built a 357 sig out of a p80 for fun and it's a great shooter as well. They shoot flat and have good velocity.

Nice round if you can reload for it. Loud AF in an indoor range though. Other shooters nearby will look at you funny sometimes because of the noise. Other than that, great round!

It's a blast. Literally. Crazy accurate. Much more enjoyable with a full size non polymer handgun in my experience. Enjoyed the G29 extended mag conversion for awhile before picking up a conversion barrel for the full size all metal 40 S&W. It's a keeper for sure. Hopefully I'll never use up all my ammo in that caliber. It's spendy for non reloaders like me.

I love the cartridge! Carried it chambered in my SIG P226 and really enjoy shooting it, but cost has gone up and i am seriously consolidating my collection. Still have the pistol and ammo for it!

I wanted to love it until I shot it. for my purpose regular 9mm does the job great. I'm just a big baby and hate recoil. 😂

Also guys hated shooting next to me when I had that thing!

I know what it is and have done a due diligence internet search. So what say you that own and shoot the 357 Sig? I'm thinking of adding it to my line up of the calibers I make for sale and getting a Glock 32 to use a a text fixture. I know I can get a drop in barrel for my G-22 but the correct number of guns is just one more plus I want separate guns for separate purposes.
I am in pretty much the same situation but I needed just one more gun about ten guns ago. I am thinking of getting a .357 sig barrel for my P940SC (Glock 27, 40 cal) or P940C (Glock 22).

Can I use the hugh stock of 9mm parabellum projectiles I already have or do I need to buy .357 sig bullets with the canalure in the right spot for the short neck to hold onto the bullet reliably?

I usually use Lee collet crimp dies on all my progressive reloading heads.

I am a fan of the 22tcm and .30 Tokarov. I figure a 357 sig is a natural next step.

Last Edited:
If it weren't for 9x25 Dillon, .357 Sig would be my favorite 9mm!

I used to have several guns in the Sig. 125gr bullets were little rocket ships. It would be interesting to try some of the newer lighter weight 90-ish grain bullets in it.

Idealy I'd like to convert my Ruger P-89 but I don't think that can be done with out a gunsmith cutting a new chamber and possibly reworking the bolt face.

I am in pretty much the same situation but I needed just one more gun about ten guns ago. I am thinking of getting a .357 sig barrel for my P940SC (Glock 27, 40 cal) or P940C (Glock 22).

Can I use the hugh stock of 9mm parabellum projectiles I already have or do I need to buy .357 sig bullets with the canalure in the right spot for the short neck to hold onto the bullet reliably?

I usually use Lee collet crimp dies on all my progressive reloading heads.

I am a fan of the 22tcm and .30 Tokarov. I figure a 357 sig is a natural next step.
You should be able to use any of the .355./356 bullets. The 357 Sig gets a light taper crimp just to remove the belling not a roll crimp so no cantilure needed or used.

Idealy I'd like to convert my Ruger P-89 but I don't think that can be done with out a gunsmith cutting a new chamber and possibly reworking the bolt face.
The P89 is 9mm (35,000psi) and the 357 Sig (40,000psi) is a 40/10mm case. Do you thing the P89 is up to the task after you mill the bolt face and ream the chamber?

Last Edited:
I already know I talk too much, so here I go again. :confused:

I like the round. It has a lot more power than a nine. That doesn't mean much against two legged predators but in the woods, it's much easier to lug around than a ten. Also, it penetrates things like a car door better than a nine. The G32 is the same size as a G19. Your G19 holsters will work perfect for a G32. It is very accurate. The recoil is stout! If I did not reload, I could not afford to shoot it. Ammo is stupid expensive compared to a nine.

My reloading tips: I case gauge all reloads because the cartridge is finicky about being "right".
Even using a carbide die, sometimes the metal will bounce back and be out of spec. So, I always use high viscosity lube.
Also, I first size the cases with a .40/10mm undersize die. Then I run those through a 357sig die. For me, this is crucial and makes a big difference. When I use the undersize .40 die first, virtually all resized brass passes the case gauge test. This is critical to avoid FTF's.
This is a very high-pressure round - 40K+ PSI.

Ta-Da!

The P89 is 9mm (35,000psi) and the 357 Sig (40,000psi) is a 40/10mm case. Do you thing the P89 is up to the task after you mill the bolt face and ream the chamber?
I'm not going to mess with that, I just ordered a Lone Wolfe 357 Sig barrel for my 40 Shield. If I want more than that I'll look for something made for the Sig cartridge like the Glock 32.

I carried a G32 in the .357 Sig for quite some time, until it got stolen and haven't seen it since I reported it to local PD, which was nearly 10 years ago. Not cheap to shoot regularly like some have said here, but fast, accurate with a nice snap. Still have ammo for it but I haven't gotten a new .357 sig weapon since my G32.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top