JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The P89 is 9mm (35,000psi) and the 357 Sig (40,000psi) is a 40/10mm case. Do you thing the P89 is up to the task after you mill the bolt face and ream the chamber?
It depends on the gun. The 9mm has a thicker case head than .45, .40 and .357 sig so can actually contain greater pressures.

I'll shoot my most recent loading tomorrow Longshot powder and Berrys double plated 124gr flat nose bullets in new Starline brass.
I figure this is good enough, 1278 FPS average with a 23 FPS Standard Deviation. That's out of my 4" Sig P-229. Group size was 12 rounds in about an inch and a half at 10 yds. I call that minute of shirt button.

This is an interesting journey. The 357 Sig is an awesome round and those who know about it really like it. It does seem like those who don't know are afraid of it for some season. The more I shoot it the more I like it, to the point that it's now in my daily carry rotation.

This is an interesting journey. The 357 Sig is an awesome round and those who know about it really like it. It does seem like those who don't know are afraid of it for some season. The more I shoot it the more I like it, to the point that it's now in my daily carry rotation.
I've been packing 357 sig for years. I have a full size glock that's my winter carry gun....love the round!

I've been packing 357 sig for years. I have a full size glock that's my winter carry gun....love the round!
I've got to make more ammo so I've got some for me. The first batch I made is already half sold. Not to worry more bullets and brass is on the way. I've been packing a Glock 22 so the Glock 32 will fit in the holsters just fine.

16983333326822543173495851919599.jpg

I love shooting 357SIG and have become a fan of KKM barrels. Yes, they are a little more expensive, but I feel that they are worth it. I have some other barrels that can manage round noses all day long, but have issues as soon as you start using hollow points.

I have some older Gen 3 Glocks and with a quick swap of the barrel and magazine, I can shoot, 40S&W, 9mm, or 357SIG. Life is Good...

I've been carrying and shooting the 357 Sig for about 6 months now. First with the Glock 32 and lately with the Sig 229. I really like the Sig round in the Sig gun. Kind of like they were made for each other. Next up I'll load up some 135gr bullets that I use in my 38 Super and see if my point of impact comes up a bit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top