JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Update:
I called yet again the other day and this time customer service says it has not been repaired. A technician over 6 weeks ago apparently said the upper receiver is not repairable (obviously), and recommends the upper receiver assembly be replaced. I asked if they are going to warranty it, and the guy said of course not, you used handloads. That voids any warranty entirely. I told him if they had told me that from the start I never would have sent it. I asked if I could just pay to have them do that. He said no, Product Services has to talk to me. I asked when that might be and he said who knows, could be 6 months. I asked if I could have my rifle returned immediately, not repaired. He again said no, he can't do anything, only Product Services. And no, I can't contact them directly. So where we are right now is that Remington has my rifle, won't fix it for free, won't let me pay to fix it, and won't return it to me. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today asking that my property be returned to me immediately. We will see if anything happens...

Update:
I called yet again the other day and this time customer service says it has not been repaired. A technician over 6 weeks ago apparently said the upper receiver is not repairable (obviously), and recommends the upper receiver assembly be replaced. I asked if they are going to warranty it, and the guy said of course not, you used handloads. That voids any warranty entirely. I told him if they had told me that from the start I never would have sent it. I asked if I could just pay to have them do that. He said no, Product Services has to talk to me. I asked when that might be and he said who knows, could be 6 months. I asked if I could have my rifle returned immediately, not repaired. He again said no, he can't do anything, only Product Services. And no, I can't contact them directly. So where we are right now is that Remington has my rifle, won't fix it for free, won't let me pay to fix it, and won't return it to me. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today asking that my property be returned to me immediately. We will see if anything happens...
Holy crap.
This thing has gone so far sideways...
BBB ?....I doubt it.

Tell them you talked to ATF and that ATF will be contacting them.
(go hard or go home)

It's interesting. I've owned a lot of guns and have had to send 5 back total. Four of them were Remington or a Remington subsidiary. The other was a Springfield M1A where the bolt roller popped off. I wasn't even the original owner on that one and Springfield had me send it in. They replaced the bolt, headspaced it, safety checked it, and returned it to me in 1 week. No charge. That far exceeded my expectations for customer service. Such a complete opposite experience.

It's interesting. I've owned a lot of guns and have had to send 5 back total. Four of them were Remington or a Remington subsidiary. The other was a Springfield M1A where the bolt roller popped off. I wasn't even the original owner on that one and Springfield had me send it in. They replaced the bolt, headspaced it, safety checked it, and returned it to me in 1 week. No charge. That far exceeded my expectations for customer service. Such a complete opposite experience.
They're trippin' on their di_cks over there at Freedom Group.
That's why they need a little shocker (see ATF above) to get them on track and motivated.

I'll take my thank you in Cabela's gift cards.

:D

Ha, fresh out of Cabelas gift cards at the moment. I hope they'll do the right thing and at least just send the thing back to me. I think the lower and the bolt are fine, the barrel looked visually ok too. But you know, when someone has your stuff and won't give it back, that seems to me the definition of the word "stolen"...

Ha, fresh out of Cabelas gift cards at the moment. I hope they'll do the right thing and at least just send the thing back to me. I think the lower and the bolt are fine, the barrel looked visually ok too. But you know, when someone has your stuff and won't give it back, that seems to me the definition of the word "stolen"...

Not when you shipped it to them first. I know it sucks, but it's in their system now and sounds like they are either really backed up or just really slow. Doesn't make it right, believe me. But to consider it stolen is inaccurate.

Sorry my sense of humor doesn't translate well to written format! The stolen comment was meant more tongue-in-cheek. I'm not calling the sheriff's dept to report it stolen or anything. I just meant it feels the same way. Like if you lend your neighbor your lawnmower for a Saturday and 3 months later he won't give it back. I'm just trying to get it back before the middle of September because I will be travelling for a few months and there won't be anyone to receive it if they just decide to send it back and not notify me first, which seems likely considering the complete refusal to communicate.

Pharmseller- yes it does say that in the manual. I should have worded my statement differently as you quoted. I knew that, which is why I was honest and told them I used handloads from the start, but they still requested that I send the rifle back to them. I hoped they might fix it for free or a reasonable cost, but was never counting on it. I just didn't expect the horrible customer service experience that followed for 3 months.

If anyone is still interested in how this is ending up, here is where I am so far: I filed a BBB complaint and within 2 days someone from Remington called me. He is who I dealt with through the rest of it. I looked him up and he is a lawyer, but he never identified himself as such. Remington was willing to replace my upper receiver for "50% of MSRP" which I eventually found out would cost me $600. I negotiated that down to $450 which seemed reasonable. They then sent me a bizarre waiver that I would have to sign before I could pay them to repair the rifle. It basically said they are not liable for anything having to do with this incident forever (okay), but also said that the whole situation would be confidential and I cannot share the details of it with anyone, ever. Also that I would not "disparage, defame, slander, or otherwise harm" Remington "in any way whatsoever". It further stated that the agreement will be "binding on my heirs, successors, personal representatives, and assigns." I refused to sign the waiver and after a bunch of back and forth emails I just told them I would appreciate it if they would repair it at no cost to me, but if they won't, please just send it back to me in the same condition I submitted it. Either way, I am not signing a waiver. They eventually agreed to just send it back. Hopefully they will do so soon and I can move on. Anyway, this has been my experience, and I hope others have found it useful.

Good for you, eff the waiver bs.

P

Screw that, I'd rather be able speak the truth about their BS for all time, this waiver nonsense is just more ammo. I don't know it it is possible or not but I'd be inclined to update your BBB report with this updated information (wait until after you get your stuff back). Screw them. I've had plenty of first hand experience with excellent customer service throughout the industry, this ain't it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads