Sporting Systems
Low Price Guns
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Rifleworks
Southwest Firearms Forum
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Our neighbor business robbed at gunpoint

SUPER X

Reactions
I went into one of the shops in Pendleton when they first opened up. Vestibule up front where I was carded and a photocopy taken. Then I was buzzed into the rear. The staff looked buzzed too.... not really. They were very informative on the edible products I was looking at for pain management. But I walked around a bit and none of the named product sounded familiar. He told me that Acapulco Gold, Maui Wowie, et al, are nothing compared to the mind blasting sativa they have today. Whoa.

Was in Pendleton a couple weeks ago and there seemed to be a weed shop on every corner!!!
Is it still 10 bucks a oz

Reactions
I went into one of the shops in Pendleton when they first opened up. Vestibule up front where I was carded and a photocopy taken. Then I was buzzed into the rear. The staff looked buzzed too.... not really. They were very informative on the edible products I was looking at for pain management. But I walked around a bit and none of the named product sounded familiar. He told me that Acapulco Gold, Maui Wowie, et al, are nothing compared to the mind blasting sativa they have today. Whoa.

Was in Pendleton a couple weeks ago and there seemed to be a weed shop on every corner!!!
There are four of them now

bbbass

Reactions
Is it still 10 bucks a oz
o_Oo_Oo_O

I didn't buy any smoke on either trip. I did try a choc bar to ease my neck pain and it was very expensive and not much better at pain relief than full spectrum tincture is with much less hypnotic effect.

OP
Jcon268
Reactions
We all knew these places would be prime targets. What more could a robber ask for ?
Armed robbery carries a damned stiff penalty of 7+ years in prison. I would think maybe the casual smash and grab or petty thief would hit dispensaries. Never really thought of armed robbery taking place at a dispensary, a small one no less.

Reactions
$5M umbrella policy for you... just sayin.
========================================================

Dang that was an error on my part, renters have a 1 million dollar umbrella policy not 100 million. I haven't been in it since we rented it but the fire department and our insurance company has.

SUPER X

Reactions
Armed robbery carries a damned stiff penalty of 7+ years in prison. I would think maybe the casual smash and grab or petty thief would hit dispensaries. Never really thought of armed robbery taking place at a dispensary, a small one no less.
A place full of cash and easy to sale untraceable product . would take allot of nickel dime jobs to top that payday.

bbbass

Reactions
========================================================

Dang that was an error on my part, renters have a 1 million dollar umbrella policy not 100 million. I haven't been in it since we rented it but the fire department and our insurance company has.
$1M umbrella is chicken feed today. As additional insured, you have some protection, but any time one is in biz, in your case as a landlord of a "target" biz, one should consider having their own umbrella policy. IIRC, they are cheap!!

(Edit to add: Person XYZ gets hurt on the property and sues the biz for more than they have in insurance coverage... guess what, you're next in line! Medical expenses and liability judgements add up quickly!!)

Last edited:

OldTengu

Reactions
"Left on bicycles..."
:s0140:

I'm glad nobody was shot.
The shop likely doesn't have armed staff for all the reasons most shops don't have armed staff, and it is illegal to possess firearms if you are in possession of or a user of federally illegal substances.
Does that mean it is a moral law? Not in my opinion, but you be the judge.
I was going to state this.
If the shop is found to be in violation of state law during an OLCC inspection and firearms are found on the premises or in possession of the employees at that time, it becomes commission of a federal crime while in possession of a firearm.

Curious how many times it's happened but we didn't hear about it.
I mean the Holloween masks=instand media coverage...

OldTengu

Reactions

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a second gunsmithing job completed by Mr. Copeland. As with the first, he did amazingly good work, communication was solid, and the rates...
    • CountryGent
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online