JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your point seems to be dismissive of the obvious.
Sorry but how is it obvious that it was an inside job? And don't say it just is. I think it's pretty common knowledge that marijuana dispensaries have a lot of cash in them. Furthermore, it's clear that employees would be prohibited by law from carrying a firearm for defensive purposes. I don't think it necessarily was an inside job. I'll call it a possibility and that's the best consideration it deserves at this point. You calling me naive and obtuse isn't really warranted and seems you've got your mind made up.

$1M umbrella is chicken feed today. As additional insured, you have some protection, but any time one is in biz, in your case as a landlord of a "target" biz, one should consider having their own umbrella policy. IIRC, they are cheap!!

(Edit to add: Person XYZ gets hurt on the property and sues the biz for more than they have in insurance coverage... guess what, you're next in line! Medical expenses and liability judgements add up quickly!!)
==============================================

Thanks for looking out :). The fire insurance is basically a home owners policy that has an umbrella policy at 1 million, and then its owned by our LLC and through that we. have another million, so it seems to me we are covered

The state is only interested in the cash they recieve for it. A legal cash business and lots of pocket money. They can shove it all where the sun doesn't shine. Many pockets are getting lined with dirt money.

Sorry but how is it obvious that it was an inside job? And don't say it just is. I think it's pretty common knowledge that marijuana dispensaries have a lot of cash in them. Furthermore, it's clear that employees would be prohibited by law from carrying a firearm for defensive purposes. I don't think it necessarily was an inside job. I'll call it a possibility and that's the best consideration it deserves at this point. You calling me naive and obtuse isn't really warranted and seems you've got your mind made up.
Saying it is not is not an ironclad alibi for everyone on the planet.

"Left on bicycles..."
:s0140:

I'm glad nobody was shot.
The shop likely doesn't have armed staff for all the reasons most shops don't have armed staff, and it is illegal to possess firearms if you are in possession of or a user of federally illegal substances.
Does that mean it is a moral law? Not in my opinion, but you be the judge.

Gun Free zones work to discourage criminals, don'cha know;).

I went into one of the shops in Pendleton when they first opened up. Vestibule up front where I was carded and a photocopy taken. Then I was buzzed into the rear. The staff looked buzzed too.... not really. They were very informative on the edible products I was looking at for pain management. But I walked around a bit and none of the named product sounded familiar. He told me that Acapulco Gold, Maui Wowie, et al, are nothing compared to the mind blasting sativa they have today. Whoa.

Was in Pendleton a couple weeks ago and there seemed to be a weed shop on every corner!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if some of that product is getting "donated" to residents of all those correctional facilities outside of Pendleton.

My wife's grandson worked at one of those shops and to get into the actual shop, you had to show a Drivers License and get photographed. It may not have prevented an armed robbery depending on the layout, but if the staff was protected from the customers, then everyone and thing is safe.

$1M umbrella is chicken feed today. As additional insured, you have some protection, but any time one is in biz, in your case as a landlord of a "target" biz, one should consider having their own umbrella policy. IIRC, they are cheap!!

(Edit to add: Person XYZ gets hurt on the property and sues the biz for more than they have in insurance coverage... guess what, you're next in line! Medical expenses and liability judgements add up quickly!!)

Put the property in its own separate LLC, problem solved. Yeah doing your taxes will be more of a pain and you'll have to pay an extra $100 a year for the LLC but it separates it from you and any other properties you might own.

As a participant (read: defendant) in frivolous lawsuits, and a title insurance professional for over 20 years, I agree that the LLC is the right move, and probably makes the OP judgment proof, but not suit proof.

It still costs money to show up to asked to be dismissed.

Times are getting rough and clearly there are no gun laws out there that were going to stop these cowards from doing this. Our gun laws are tighter now than ever before and these problems are occurring on a more regular basis.

Times are not tougher.
Thieves aren't motivated or deterred by any gun law.
Oregon's gun laws may be tighter, but it's still legal to carry for protection.
If this is happening on a more frequent basis ( and I don't think it is) then it's fueled by drug addition.

When legalization passed, my brother owned commercial/residential property just OVER 1,000 feet from any schools in 97402.

He was hounded by unsolicited offers to lease some of his retail space for insane money. So much so, that he called his insurance agent, because that was a lot of money to leave on the table.

He asked his agent if they insure weed properties. My brother said the answer was, "No, and HELL No!".

It is a cash based business with an non-serialized product.

The only outfit that would even talk to him seriously was Lloyds of London.

'Byddai Lloyds yn yswirio n'ffart mewn corwynt pe bai'n gwneud ychydig ddoleri.'

'Lloyds would insure a fart in a whirlwind if it would make a few dollars' - Old Welsh saying.

I know a young lady who started the first home delivery service for marijuana products in the Portland area.
Her business model was based on stay at home stoner Mom's, DUI recipients and the just plain lazy folks.
Her business is thriving.

She better have security or risk getting robbed.

While speaking of mari-hoochie, what does having 1 of these stores for every 1000 people tell us?

My take: Many are driving very, very stoned.

I hope the loca L.E.O.'s are on top of this...

Times are not tougher.
Thieves aren't motivated or deterred by any gun law.
Oregon's gun laws may be tighter, but it's still legal to carry for protection.
If this is happening on a more frequent basis ( and I don't think it is) then it's fueled by drug addition.
I haven't heard of many armed robberies in the Gresham area since I've lived here. Perhaps the times aren't tougher but I feel like criminals are getting bolder. Security cameras obviously aren't dissuading them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top