JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
King County Sheriff's Dept "MIGHT" be another option but it doesn't look like they're issuing right now per the notice up on their website.

Maybe try calling a few other sheriff's offices and explain the problem to them and see if they are willing to issue. I don't know if being restricted to the county you live in is a law or just how it's done. Perhaps somebody else knows and will post shortly.

Do note that open carry is legal in Washington. I realize that's not ideal but at least it's something.

Pretty sure you need to apply in the jurisdiction you're in. You can always open carry, it seems that's popular in Capital Hill right now. :D

Also note that the states listed at the link have reciprocity with Washington. That is, if you hold their CCW permit, it's good in WA too. I have no idea what these states processes and policies are on issuing to out of state residents. But it may be an option. Idaho would be the first one I would look at.

Also note that the states listed at the link have reciprocity with Washington. That is, if you hold their CCW permit, it's good in WA too. I have no idea what these states processes and policies are on issuing to out of state residents. But it may be an option. Idaho would be the first one I would look at.

while true for an OR resident as a WA resident you HAVE to have one in WA as well unfortunately

Mayor Durken resembles your avatar, I am sure, at the moment.

What? I don't see anyone with this avatar?

A878D950-75C3-4E84-98CB-709BCA1530AC.gif

Thanks for the replies. I think i may be SOL until SPD opens back up, especially since I need a new application and not a renewal. I may open carry, but there are situations where I don't wan to advertise that I am armed...

If everyone who carries a gun in Seattle open carried because the CPL process was not available I'm pretty sure they would make it a first priority to make that process available again so that way there wasn't a mass panic everywhere from people open carrying guns.

Last Edited:
My OR license has expired and I'm just waiting for them to open back up to renew it.

Thankfully I almost never go to OR and my WA license is still valid.

Keep in mind also that once you do have the option of applying for it that it will most likely take 6+ weeks to get it during normal times so probably more then that when the deluge of applications go flooding in.

I'm not advocating CC if you don't have a license BUT I will hypothesize that if you don't throw a beer at a cops face then they will most likely never stop and search you.

I have been pulled over numerous times while CC'ing (never got a ticket cuz it was for very minor things and only a warning to fix whatever, tail light etc) and while I know there is a side that immediately tells the officer they are carrying - I never have and I've never had an issue. This may be due to things like rolling down all my windows, keys out and on the dash, interior lights turned on and both of my hands on the top of the steering wheel until asked to do otherwise.

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR