JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems to me that if a person wanted to purchase a firearm on 8 December and they can't because the State Police don't have the ducks in line then the State Police should be subject to a hefty lawsuit because they haven't complied with the law. Just sayin'

One helpful tid bit.... they seemed to clarify the issue with an ongoing BGC. They all stop on the 8th.

I read it as... OSP will not continue processing a BGC without a purchase permit. So to me... that means the permit is not only required at the time of purchase/transfer of property, but to even submit a 4473... retroactively...!

Ain't that a kettle.

I guess that means when the clock strikes midnight you can kiss your BGC/transfer fees goodbye and better get to work on a refund for the firearm purchase.

Bucking Fastards!
I bet there will be a lawsuit to follow that. Can't stop people from the 2a and not having a permit process ready and stopping gun purchases is going to be bad for the state.

I think we should all call every OSP line we can find every chance we get asking when where and how to get the permit that doesnt exist. I'm talking up their a$$ 24/7 relentless with it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews